This is according to the Yale Book of Quotations, so you’ll notice a slightly liberal edge:
10. “I think as far as the adverse impact on the nation around the world, this administration has been the worst in history.” — Former President Jimmy Carter in an interview in the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette newspaper.
There are of course, hundreds of variations of this moonbat quote, so there’s nothing particularly noteworthy about this one, even if it is Jimmah’s.
9. “I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that’s a storybook, man.” — Biden describing rival Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama.
This one would have been hard to keep off the list. That was a campaign ender, right there.
8. “(I have) a wide stance when going to the bathroom.” — Idaho Republican Sen. Larry Craig’s explanation of why his foot touched that of an undercover policeman in a men’s room.
Should have been #2.
7. “I’m not going to get into a name-calling match with somebody (Vice President Dick Cheney) who has a 9 percent approval rating.” — Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, a Democrat.
Oooooh, that’s really devastating. Harry Reid is such a badass. Still, I can think of a much better quote from him. But I guess that might have reflected badly on our hero.
6. “There’s only three things he (Republican presidential candidate and former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani) mentions in a sentence: a noun and a verb and 9/11.” — Sen. Joseph Biden, speaking at a Democratic presidential debate.
Ohhhh, I get it… they think they neutralize the effect of the clean, articulate, and bright quote with this supposed zinger.
5. “I don’t recall.” — Former U.S. Attorney General Alberto Gonzales’ repeated response to questioning at a congressional hearing about the firing of U.S. attorneys.
This has no business being here. The firing of the attorneys wasn’t even a big deal. I wonder if Billary’s “I don’t recalls” made their top ten list in back in the nineties.
4. Shock jock Don Imus comments about the Rutgers University women’s basketball team: “That’s some nappy-headed hos there.”
Okay, that one was memorable.
3. Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad’s October comment at Columbia University in New York, “In Iran we don’t have homosexuals like in your country.”
Any top ten most memorable quotes list would not be complete without something from Mahmoud. He works hard for the honor.
2. Lauren Upton, the South Carolina contestant in the Miss Teen America contest in August:“I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because some people out there in our nation don’t have maps and I believe that our education like such as in South Africa and Iraq and everywhere like such as and I believe that they should our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S. or should help South Africa and should help Iraq and the Asian countries so we will be able to build up our future for us.”
It’s a little long, but it totally belongs.
And of course the natural choice for #1, drumroll please……
Don’t tase me bro!!!
I don’t think they’ll get an argument from anyone on that one.
Hat tip: Hot Air Headlines