Yesterday, John Hinderaker of Powerline asked: Is the Dam of Obama/Clinton Lies Beginning to Crack?:
Barack Obama and his minions are so used to controlling the press that they seem to think they can get away with anything. Thus, the eruption of anti-American riots from Morocco to Pakistan, beginning on September 11, is chalked up to a spontaneous eruption of entirely understandable Muslim distress over an otherwise-unknown YouTube video.
Obama and his enablers live in a universe of lies where facts are malleable and can be molded to fit whatever narrative the regime is pushing to the masses on any given day. With the complicit media’s help, Obama is running on being a strong foreign policy president, but recent events in the Middle East have rudely interrupted this ridiculous fairytale. We are now witnessing the fruits of Obama’s so called “smart power”, aka appeasement and apologies.
It turns out you can’t solve all the world’s problems with a few key speeches, bows and drone strikes.
And the attack in Libya was not about one man’s obnoxious video.
Via Gateway Pundit:
According to an intelligence source there was no protest at the consulate at the time of the attack. This totally destroys the administration’s wild story that a protest over the YouTube Mohammad video was behind the murder of the US ambassador. This is damning new information especially considering the administration had warnings the area was not safe and reportedly refused adequate security at the consulate.
I missed this interesting tidbit from last week…
Just before the crowd in Cairo, Egypt erupted in violence against the U.S. embassy there, CNN’s cameras were in the capital interviewing protesters who said that the main purpose for their protest was to have Sheik Omar Abdel-Rahman (known as the ‘Blind Sheik’) released from a U.S. prison. Yet as soon as the riots began, CNN began to push the false story that the riots were sparked by some low-budget American movie that denigrated the Prophet Muhammad.
The very day before rioters stormed the U.S. embassy in Cairo, CNN’s Nic Robertson filmed an interview with a handful of Islamists right outside the U.S. embassy. One of those protesters that CNN interviewed was the Blind Sheik’s brother, Mohamed al Zawahiri.
And yesterday we heard:
A veteran intelligence analyst and researcher for TheBlaze said he met with an official within the Obama administration who told him the transfer of the Blind Sheikh to Egypt is something that is being “actively considered” by the administration as a solution to the ongoing crisis in the Middle East. His source asked not to be identified.
When asked if the transfer of the convicted terrorist was being seriously considered, the intelligence analyst said yes, according to his source, who stressed that the move, if executed, was not intended to take place or be announced until after the presidential election.
He also said it is likely that the riots and unrest in the Middle East are related to efforts pressing for the release of Rahman, not the anti-Muslim YouTube clip that the Obama administration is adamant sparked the chaos.
“When radical Islamists in Egypt were calling for the burning down of the U.S. embassy this past weekend, before the riots took place this week, they said they were going to do this to push for the release of the Blind Sheikh,” he added.
Hat tip: sulli159
Dr. John, Flopping Aces: The day Obama jumped the shark