The Liberty Loyalists in Missouri are holding a Consent of the Governed Rally in Jeff City, January 16:
It’s time for patriots and lawmakers, alike, to get out of their comfort zone!
Nearly everything we hold near and dear — indeed, core American values — are facing what might be the greatest threat in our nation’s history.I’m sure I don’t need to list the threats, but I do want to point out that one line of defense after another seems to be failing us. The U.S. Supreme Court failed to protect our right to make our own health care decisions. Even with a Republican majority in the U.S. House, Congress keeps passing bills that will prove devastating for generations to come.And the president, well, need I say anything…Now these very people who have failed to protect us want to literally disarm us!Our state legislature is the next line of defense, but will they live up to their oath of office? Will they have the knowledge and courage to stand up to unconstitutional attacks on our liberty by the D.C. Beltway crowd?I have been very active as a citizen lobbyist at the state Capitol for over a dozen years and I can tell you the answer is No! Unless we hold their feet to the fire, that is.That’s what the annual Consent of the Governed Rally is all about. Our message to legislators is, “We’re from the People, and we’re here to help!”More than that, this year we will be there to demand that they stand in the gap to protect Missouri from the people who are systematically dismantling America.
- Come and learn about the Missouri Liberty Initiative.
- Find out how we CAN fight unconstitutional attacks on our right to keep and bear arms.
- Find out how a return to Founding Principles is the best economic development tool we have.
- Come to hear the renowned historian and economist Prof. Thomas Woods expound on free market principles.
- Once you’ve been armed and encouraged, visit your Rep and Senator and tell them you EXPECT them to stand in the gap — while there’s still time.Please join patriots from across the state help set the stage for the 2013 legislative session!What:Consent of the Governed Rally
Featured speaker: Prof. Thomas Woods
Also, 3 minutes reports from advocates of several important issues from Right to Work to Sound Money to Property Rights, and more…When:Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Please arrive as early as 9:30 for help locating your Senator and Representative’s new office.
Rally begins at 10:30 a.m. — Meet Prof. Thomas Woods!
First Floor Rotunda of the Missouri State Capitol building
201 West Capitol Avenue
Jefferson City MO 65101Your Mission:
– Network with others interested in constitutional governance.- Meet your legislators and let them know that “We’re from the People and we’re here to help!”- Learn about some of the hot issues and solutions for the next legislative session.Please plan on helping present framed parchment of the Missouri Constitution to each new state senator and representative and explain to them that “We’re From the People and We’re Here to Help!”If you can, please wear something RED to the rally.