Lara Logan of CBS News interviewed a security officer who witnessed the terrorist attack on the U.S. diplomatic mission in Benghazi, Libya, on 9/11 last year.
U.S. Ambassador Christopher Stevens and three other Americans were killed in the attack on the mission and a nearby annex. In an interview for “60 Minutes,” correspondent Lara Logan spoke with a British citizen, who had been hired to train the Libyan guards at the U.S. mission. He calls himself Morgan Jones, a pseudonym to protect his safety.
Jones says he was annoyed that the State Department wouldn’t allow his guards to carry guns.
Let that sink in. The State Dept wouldn’t allow the guards who were supposed to protect the US Ambassador, to carry guns in a war torn, terror riddled Benghazi – Even on the anniversary of the worst terror attack in our nation’s history?
Morgan’s guards, unarmed and terrified, were surrounded by heavily armed gunmen, but they still sounded the alarm.
“They said, ‘We’re here to kill Americans, not Libyans,’ so they’d give them a good beating, pistol whip them, beat them with their rifles and let them go,” Jones said.
Only in a deeply dysfunctional country could the person in charge of that State Dept during that disgraceful debacle actually be considered a viable candidate for president in 2016.
FOX News reported:
A former Guantanamo Bay detainee with Al Qaeda ties was in Benghazi the night of the Sept. 11 attack, according to a source on the ground in Libya.
The source told Fox News that ex-detainee Sufian bin Qumu, who is suspected of running camps in eastern Libya where some of the assailants trained, is also a “respected member” of Ansar al-Sharia — one of the Islamist groups identified in State Department email traffic two hours after the attack.
Two sources familiar with the investigation, when asked about bin Qumu’s whereabouts the night of the attack, did not dispute the claim he was in Benghazi.