Fox News Exclusive: Transcripts Show Obama Knew Benghazi Was A Terrorist Attack – Not A Spontaneous Demonstration – Right From the Beginning

Fox News has the exclusive on the 450 pages of sworn testimony, under wraps until now, that reveal  what America’s highest ranking officers and the president knew about Benghazi from the earliest moments.

The transcripts reveal that top defense officials briefed Obama on an attack – not a reaction to video or a demonstration.

James Rosen reported:

Minutes after the American consulate in Benghazi came under assault on Sept. 11, 2012, the nation’s top civilian and uniformed defense officials — headed for a previously scheduled Oval Office session with President Obama — were informed that the event was a “terrorist attack,” declassified documents show. The new evidence raises the question of why the top military men, one of whom was a member of the president’s Cabinet, allowed him and other senior Obama administration officials to press a false narrative of the Benghazi attacks for two weeks afterward.

Gen. Carter Ham, who at the time was head of AFRICOM, the Defense Department combatant command with jurisdiction over Libya, told the House in classified testimony last year that it was him who broke the news about the unfolding situation in Benghazi to then-Defense Secretary Leon Panetta and Gen. Martin Dempsey, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. The tense briefing — in which it was already known that U.S. Ambassador to Libya Christopher Stevens had been targeted and had gone missing — occurred just before the two senior officials departed the Pentagon for their session with the commander in chief.

According to declassified testimony obtained by Fox News, Ham — who was working out of his Pentagon office on the afternoon of Sept. 11 — said he learned about the assault on the consulate compound within 15 minutes of its commencement, at 9:42 p.m. Libya time, through a call he received from the AFRICOM Command Center.

“My first call was to General Dempsey, General Dempsey’s office, to say, ‘Hey, I am headed down the hall. I need to see him right away,'” Ham told lawmakers on the House Armed Services Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigation on June 26 of last year. “I told him what I knew. We immediately walked upstairs to meet with Secretary Panetta.”

No these guys didn’t politicize national security at all….

Reminder of Jay Carney’s pathetic BS spin circa Sept 19, 2012, repeating the Administration line that it was not a pre-planned attack just “bad actors” who had come on the scene of a protest armed with RPGs and mortars. “We prefer to have an investigation…” he told reporters, hoping to ward off more questions.

One reporter, clearly not buying it, said, “so a random crowd that had come together with their heavy weapons – got insulted by the film, and decided to – you know – blow up…”

Carney doubled down with, “there has certainly been precedent in the past where bad actors  –  extremists who are heavily armed who have exploited situations that have developed in order to attack Americans…”

Via my report from last May:  After Months of Dishonest Spinning on Benghazi, Jay Carney Clings to ARB Report (Video) for more of JC’s dishonest spinning. Go ahead, click on the link and relive the lies.

Thanks, MSM for doing your due diligence on that story.

How is it that this mendacious miscreant can still hold his head high in DC. Why is anything he says in that WH briefing room still taken seriously?

See Also:

Fox News Insider: Poll: Majority of Americans Believe White House ‘Deliberately Misled’ on Benghazi:

Former UN Ambassador John Bolton reacted this morning to a new poll that points to deep distrust between the American people and the Obama administration over the Benghazi attack.

In a Quinnipiac University survey this week, 52% said they believe the American people were deliberately misled by the government about what happened on Sept. 11, 2012, when four Americans were killed in an attack on the U.S. consulate.
About these ads

7 Responses to “Fox News Exclusive: Transcripts Show Obama Knew Benghazi Was A Terrorist Attack – Not A Spontaneous Demonstration – Right From the Beginning”

  1. JoyO Says:

    Thank you so much for continuing to cover Benghazi. I am convinced we must keep it in front of the American people to make sure that one of these days one or more of the 30+ survivors will speak up to tell America the truth.

  2. nicedeb Says:

    The survivors were interviewed by the FBI right after the attacks. But the Regime apparently suppressed their testimonies.

    The FBI interviewed the Benghazi survivors over a three-day period shortly after the attack, and none of them reported a protest or demonstration, according to a Republican senator who says the timeline was confirmed by an FBI deputy director.

    The account again raises questions about why the administration claimed initially after the attack that it sprung out of protests over an anti-Islam film.

    “The FBI confirmed to me that when they interviewed the survivors on the 15th the 16th and the 17th [of September], not one person ever mentioned anything other than a terrorist attack. No one mentioned a protest outside the consulate,” Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham told Fox News. “So, how could the Obama administration come up with a protest story if everybody on the ground during the attack said it was a terrorist attack and there was no protest?”

    What is unclear is whether this information was immediately shared by the FBI, ignored, or somehow blocked from reaching the White House.

    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/01/13/senator-benghazi-survivors-blamed-attack-on-terrorism-in-fbi-interviews/

  3. Truth 2014 Says:

    Wow, just wow. The documents revealed previously showed there was a cover-up to anyone who bothered to read them. These confirm that but tether it to the highest level.

    He intentionally lied over and over again for a long time to the American people about a violent ATTACK on them. He did this for a little political advantage. :Nods: Sounds like Obama to me. Trouble is, this type of thing has sounded like Obama to anyone in America with half a brain since 2008! Trouble is much of the voting public either doesn’t have half a brain or refuses to admit who and what they’re dealing with.

    This makes the cover-up of a third rate break-in in the 1970s look like childs play. How long will America put up with this evil?

  4. nicedeb Says:

    The MSM control us. If they want something to be a big story, they will make it a big story – witness “bridgegate”. Benghazi was a big story right from the beginning. Conservatives were calling them on on their obvious lies from the first moments, but an unskeptical media (by and large) left it alone, or attacked Mitt Romney for daring to question the great Obama during “a national crisis.” (It was such a crisis, Obama jetted off to Las Vegas the very next day.) Obama “cares” sooo much about the troops and other Americans serving overseas.
    It’s sick making. I’m starting to hate my fellow Americans for putting up with it.

  5. … More ObamaCrap Trouble with Benghazi … « Lake Erie Conservative Says:

    […] [link] to the post and to the FoxNews video clip […]

  6. The Daley Gator | Best of the Web? Says:

    […] Nice Deb-Benghazi was a terror attack, and Obama knew it from the beginning […]


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

  • Blog Stats

    • 4,585,053 hits
  • free counters
  • Is your cat plotting to kill you?
  • Follow

    Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

    Join 505 other followers

    %d bloggers like this: