Krauthammer: The Only People Who have Been Held Accountable For Benghazi Are 15 Libyans Who Are Now Dead (Video)

The Senate Intelligence Committee finally released a report Wednesday faulting both the State Department and the intelligence community for not preventing attacks on two outposts in Benghazi, Libya, that killed four Americans, including the U.S. ambassador, in 2012.

The bipartisan report laid out more than a dozen findings regarding the assaults on a diplomatic compound and a CIA annex in the city. It said the State Department failed to increase security at its mission despite warnings, and blamed intelligence agencies for not sharing information about the existence of the CIA outpost with the U.S. military.

The committee determined that the U.S. military command in Africa didn’t know about the CIA annex and that the Pentagon didn’t have the resources in place to defend the State Department compound in an emergency.

“The attacks were preventable, based on extensive intelligence reporting on the terrorist activity in Libya — to include prior threats and attacks against Western targets — and given the known security shortfalls at the U.S. Mission,” the panel said in a statement.

Today, on Special Report, the panel discussed the report, and reactions to it on Capitol Hill. Even though Hillary Clinton’s name wasn’t mentioned in the Senate report, the panel agreed that Benghazi is going to be a problem for Hillary in the 2016 race. As Charles Krauthammer pointed out – no one was held accountable in the report, other than buildings and entities like the entire State Dept., the military, the CIA. “No individuals – no humans were held responsible on either side of the attack.”

Krauthammer then brought up the chilling fact that “15 people in Libya who cooperated with us – are now dead. They’ve been held accountable.”

That bit of information comes courtesy of the House Intelligence Committee report of previously classified information by the House Armed Services Committee.

Via CNN:

According to the documents, senior military officials told the panel there were no discussions related to any specific threat in Libya despite general warnings about the possibility of terror attacks around the anniversary of 9/11. As a result, additional military assets were not deployed to the area.

On the investigation, the FBI was quoted in the report as saying the 15 deaths have severely hampered its probe.

“The FBI’s investigation into the individuals responsible for the Benghazi attacks has been hampered by inadequate cooperation and a lack of capacity by foreign governments to hold these perpetrators accountable, making the pursuit of justice for the attacks slow and insufficient,” the report said.

About these ads

2 Responses to “Krauthammer: The Only People Who have Been Held Accountable For Benghazi Are 15 Libyans Who Are Now Dead (Video)”

  1. Geo Says:

    And now we know according to General Dempsey and his “closed door testimony”, that the reason no retaliation has taken place up to now is, that the Al Queda organization behind the attack isn’t designated as a terrorist group in the “Use of Necessary Force” Law. It’s a splinter group. Really?

    Twelve years into a War on Terror and they still aren’t taken the enemy seriously. Who the hell are advising these idiots in this administration and democrat party. . . .Lynn Stewart?

    God help us!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

  • Blog Stats

    • 4,588,136 hits
  • free counters
  • Is your cat plotting to kill you?
  • Follow

    Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

    Join 507 other followers

    %d bloggers like this: