So tonight the nation will be tuning in to hear the president’s prime time address outlining his long awaited “strategy” to deal with ISIS in Syria and Iraq.
Who has the stomach for this?
He watched for years as the Islamic State become a formidable new terrorist power and did nothing. For a full year, it’s been obvious that the Islamic State rampaging through Syria and Iraq was a major threat – not only to the region but to free peoples everywhere. It was only after a particularly vicious summer of terror in Iraq, culminating in the beheadings of two Americans, that the president deigned to pay them any mind at all – before promptly heading back out to the golf course.
Even the lowest of lofos have figured out by now that ISIS is a problem. So as others have said, tonight isn’t about Obama rallying the nation – it’s about the nation rallying him to do something, already.
So. What do you suppose we’re going to get, tonight?
Here’s what we’re not going to get.
1. There will no mention of securing our porous borders. Sure it’s a huge national security weakness and our most sentient citizens are concerned about it. Guess what. Obama’s committed to open borders. So no – he’s not interested in securing our borders. There will be no mention of fixing this massive vulnerability because he doesn’t see the few terrorists sneaking across the border along with the thousands of future Democrats as enough of a problem to stop the flow of future Democrats. It’s that simple. Hundreds – perhaps thousands will die so Obama can fulfill the progressive dream of permanent one party rule.
2. “No boots on the ground” to placate his far left moonbat base. The enemy thanks him for his consideration.
3. No admission that pulling the troops out of Iraq was a monstrous mistake that cost thousands of lives.
4. No admission that he was wrong when he grossly underestimated ISIS.
What we will get.
1. An attempt to blame the mess on “the previous administration.”
2. An attempt to convince us that Islam has nothing to do with terrorism.
3. He will continue to use the term, ISIL rather than ISIS when virtually no one outside his administration does – just to be different and annoying.
4. He will refer to himself – me, myself and I – to a nauseating degree.
5. He’ll tout the broad coalition of countries supposedly joining us in the effort (tentatively – because they don’t trust him, nor should they) while suggesting that “previous administrations” acted unilaterally.
6. Lies. (No explanation as to why I would expect this is needed at this point, I would think.)
7. Reportedly, he will urge Congress to quickly give him authority to arm moderate Syrian opposition forces fighting President Bashar Assad.
This is a problem because the moderate rebels and ISIS have joined forces in Syria. That’s why ISIS was seen parading in 43 New Toyota Hilux Trucks in the Caliphate – Donated By US Taxpayers. They’ve been using US weapons for months.
— In The Peninsula (@Inthepeninsula) August 22, 2014
He may or may not say something about the common sense legislation Republicans have proposed preventing Americans who joined and fought with ISIS from returning to the United States.
He will want to oppose it, because it’s the right thing to do and because to his mind it helps the real enemy – Republicans. He may go along with it anyway out of political expediency. There is an election coming up.
For some honest, hard-hitting re-ax watch CNN. They’ve got a new political analyst debuting tonight. Squeee!
The problem most Americans have with Barack Hussein Obama when he gives any speech, is the fact that they know they can’t trust his word.
Megyn Kelly last night, focused on Obama’s total lack of credibility by focusing on a couple of his more egregious lies. She wonders is he deceiving the American people – or worse – himself?
Answer: He’s an Alinsky trained, ends justify the means progressive, who will shamelessly lie to our faces with malice and aforethought.