“Members of the media, my office have received confidential communications saying that those plans are being developed,” Goodlatte said Monday night.
“This is simply a matter of common sense that if you are concerned about this problem spreading — and this is a deadly disease that we’re even concerned about the great health care workers when they come back not spreading it — we certainly shouldn’t be bringing in the patients.”
But a State Department official said Tuesday that they’re only talking about letting other countries use U.S. planes to transport Ebola patients to their own home countries.
FOX News obtained a State Department memo that confirms what Judicial Watch originally reported on October 17 – that the Obama administration is considering a plan to transfer infected Ebola patients to the US. for treatment.
It’s not clear who would bear the costs of transporting and treating the non-citizen Ebola patients but Judicial Watch reported that “the plans include special waivers of laws and regulations that ban the admission of non-citizens with a communicable disease as dangerous as Ebola.”
Apparently, none of this is any of the American people’s business because when White House Spokesperson Josh Earnest was asked about the memo, he would not confirm nor deny the document exists. While the Obama administration publicly denies claims that they are exploring plans to bring non-U.S. citizens infected with Ebola to the United States for treatment, apparently they’re telling Congress something entirely different.
According to Rep. Bob Goodlatte, R-Va., chairman of the House Judiciary Committee, members of the media and his office “have received confidential communications saying that those plans are being developed.”
Initially, the potentially illegal plans were being kept secret from Congress, but Goodlatte sent a letter of inquiry to the White House, last week.