This could be big. This could end up being very, very big because two protests have been planned for the same weekend in Washington DC. On October 13, the Million Vet march will coincide with day 3 of the truckers ride in our nation’s Capital.
There has been righteous indignation and rage simmering just below the surface since the Community Organizer from Chicago began usurping his power, but this past week, his thugocracy went too far. When Obama’s shutdown theater was implemented to make Americans – including 80 to 90 year old WWII vets – feel as much pain as possible – that simmering rage reached a full boil.
While most of the nation’s attention has been on the “barrycaded” WWII Memorial, other war memorials in DC have been shut down as well. Yesterday, Park Police removed Vietnam vets and tourists from the Memorial Wall.
Via Gateway Pundit: ”Unbelievable! Barack Obama brought out the German Shepherds today to threaten US veterans at the Vietnam Memorial.”
Via William Jacobson, NBC’s affiliate in Washington, D.C. reports that police ordered tourists and Vietnam war veterans who were visiting the Vietnam Veterans Memorial Wall to leave the memorial at one point on Friday.
After one group of veterans went around the barricade, “the park ranger told them the wall was closed,”NBC’s Mark Seagraves reported. “Later another group of vets showed up and moved the barricades. At that point, the memorial filled with vets and tourists. That’s when police came and moved everyone out.”
Moreover, the Regime has seen fit to threaten priests with arrest if they minister on military bases during the shutdown.
There is a chronic shortage of active duty Catholic chaplains. While roughly 25% of the military is Catholic, Catholic priests make up only about 8% of the chaplain corps. That means approximately 275,000 men and women in uniform, and their families, are served by only 234 active-duty priests.
The temporary solution to this shortage is to provide GS and contract priests. These men are employed by the government to ensure that a priest is available when an active duty Catholic Chaplain is not present.
With the government shutdown, many GS and contract priests who minister to Catholics on military bases worldwide are not permitted to work – not even to volunteer. During the shutdown, it is illegal for them to minister on base and they risk being arrested if they attempt to do so.
Breitbart’s John Nolte is keeping a list of parks, monuments and more UNNECESSARILY SHUT DOWN BY OBAMA TO INFLICT PUBLIC PAIN.
America has had enough of this out and out thuggery.
A “Million Vet March On The Memorials” is being organized for October 13, 2013, at the war memorials in Washington D.C.
The group is calling all patriots to attend, via their facebook page:
We are all military brats, current and former military spouses and some veterans. We cannot express how utterly disappointed we were that our Greatest Generation were being used as political pawns in the ongoing government shutdown and budget crisis. This should never be the case.
We do not care what political leanings you may be; be it liberal, conservative, Democrat, Republican, Libertarian, Independent or whatever. The actions of the U.S. government this week with regard to barricading and shutting down the World War II Memorial to veterans, that may or may not be on their last trip to Washington DC, is a despicable act of cowardice.
Veterans this week were unwillingly pitted as pawns in this crisis. We feel that this should never be the case. This is why we will go to Congress after the budget crisis and ask for a bill to be introduced that would prevent any member of the government from closing our memorials down to any American, except for maintenance purposes. In the meantime, we will have our March in Washington DC on October 13th! Our veterans deserve that!
Many in our group have decided that enough is enough. We are Americans. We are proud of our heritage and our service. As all of us were military brats and spouses, we have served in some form or another our entire lives. This is our way of life. We will not stand by and let the U.S. government dishonor the legacy of sacrifice of the generations before us. It is time to make a stand! We hope that you will join us in our peaceful protest against anti-American policies.
Via Maggie’s Notebook: TRuckers Ride Oct 11, 12, 13: No Freight Hauling, 3-Day Traffic Jam, Flags Flying – How You Can Help Locally, Where to Meet-Up:
As thousands of federal employees wonder where their next paycheck is coming from amid a government shutdown, around 3,000 truckers plan to descend on Washington, D.C., in an effort to shut it down further by not hauling freight for a whole weekend.
“The shutdown is actually a traffic jam,” former country music star and event organizer Zeeda Andrews told U.S. News. “This is a three-day traffic jam.”
1. Trucker Earl Conlon is calling on all truckers in their State Capitals to Rally to the Capital to show support. We understand not everybody can afford the fuel to make the DC RIDE but this is a United effort.
Drivers that are working at least fly a flag and RIDE in Convoy formation while on the interstate. There will be Local TV from coast to coast filming this solidarity RIDE and event. It is up to the Truckers Of America to wake up the people as to the harsh regulations and UN-Constitutionals laws against our commerce and its people. We are brothers and sisters of the ROAD!
All truckers in this RIDE are directed to Earl Conlon, he is in charge, email: email@example.com.
2. Washington DC Capital on Constitution St. Show up Friday morning before the convoy gets there with signs concerning our constitution or in support of the RIDE, bring ole glory flags and show your patriotism. If some want to bring the 10 commandments to remind others of God’s Laws feel free to do so.
3. All Truckers, motorcycles, cars, pickup trucks tractors, RV’s that want to participate in this RIDE meet at the All American Truck Plaza off I-95 exit 98 across from amusement park. Most will show up the 10th. The event will start at 7:00 am October 11th.
4. Please dress your RIDE up with Constitutional related signs and or ole glory flags. Some people want to quote the 10 commandment and WE welcome Do what ever the spirit moves you to do.
5. People with Ham radios and Hand Held CB’s will be needed for communication. Harrisburg Pennsylvania Truckers for their State will meet at The Wilco Truck Stop off I-81 exit 78.
6. All Bikers are directed to Belinda Bee.
7. If you would like to participate in the Overpasses to cheer on our Constitutional Riders or wave your Impeach Obama signs or any other signs please join your State group to get the information where they will be. The group will say closed but join because most will say that, after joining the page will open to you. http://overpassesforamerica.com/?page_id=39
8. If you would like to rally to your nearest Rest Area Brett Backman with The Modern American Revolution said he would work the Rest Areas and the Overpasses in this event. If you want to start a Rally in your area at a Rest Area please let us know and we will post it. On Facebook: Modern Revolution
9. Fred’s Restaurant in Wheelersburg, Ohio will be supporting the Truckers Ride for the Constitution. Truckers traveling to D.C. Oct. 11,12,and 13 th can stop by and receive a Free Personal Pan Pizza, chips and a 20 oz. drink. Plz share so we can get the word out. God Bless America! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Freds-Restaurant/186745074245
10. Stephanie King: feeding station, I-75 in Kentucky on Jelico Mountain.
It’s time for Americans to PROTEST LIKE EGYPTIANs.
US News: ’Truckers for the Constitution’ Plan to Slow D.C. Beltway, Arrest Congressmen:
Trucker-specific grievances behind the protest include Environmental Protection Agency fuel efficiency standards and the high cost of diesel fuel. State and local anti-idling laws as well as insurance companies purportedly requiring technological updates are among the irritations, as is the perceived deterioration of Fourth Amendment rights protecting truckers’ cabs.
Whether or not the truckers pack a punch to D.C. area traffic depends on the number and intensity level of participants. A similar three-day protest in 2007, against illegal immigration and competition from Mexican truckers, did not spoil commutes as feared, the Washington Examiner reported. A Facebook page advertising the upcoming ride has close to 50,000 likes.
The funny thing about this article – it’s in an MSM rag – and virtually all the comments are supportive of the truckers and derisive of “Ovomit” as some call him. Where’s the left? Where’s the DOJ “blog squad” – the Obama advocates who are paid to troll blogs? Did the government shutdown cut-off these nonessential government employees?
Linked by iOWNTHEWORLD, thanks!