Barack Obama is a liar.
Often the lie comes in the form of a promise he has no intention of keeping:
- “Today I’m pledging to cut the deficit in half by the end of my first term in office.”
- “We’ve got shovel-ready projects all across the country.”
- “As soon as we’re out of this recession, we’ve got to get serious about starting to live within our means.”
- “We agree on reforms that will reduce the costs of health care. Families will save on their premiums.”
- We “will ensure that federal contracts over $25,000 are competitively bid.”
- We “will eliminate all income taxation of seniors making less than $50,000 per year.”
- “We are going to work with you to lower your [health care] premiums by $2,500,” and we’ll “do it by the end of my first term as president.”
- “I don’t take a dime of their [lobbyists’] money, and when I am president, they won’t find a job in my White House.”
- “I pledge to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution.”
- And of course PolitiFact’s 2013 Lie Of The Year: “If you like your health care plan, you’ll be able to keep your health care plan, period. No one will take it away, no matter what. … You can keep your family doctor.”
Sometimes the lie is the result of ideological blindness.
- “If you’ve got a business — you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen.”
- “It’s here that companies like Solyndra are leading the way toward a brighter and more prosperous future.” After Obama’s administration gave the company $535 million, Solyndra and its solar panels went belly up.
Sometimes his lies are self-aggrandizing boasts or attacks on his political opponents:
- Claims that virtually all economists – all healthcare experts – all scientists etc agree with his remedies to fix a given problem. (Too many examples here to cite but it’s one of his favorite conceits, and the MSM is fooled every time.)
- Claims vast majority of Americans agree with his policy prescriptions (Again – examples too numerous to list.)
- Accuses opponents of bad faith – not genuine disagreement.
- al Qaeda is “on the run”, “on its heels”, “decimated” (Repeatedly claimed during the 2012 campaign.)
And sometimes he lies to save his hide when a bad policy decision or a previous lie has been exposed.
- “We reject the use of national security … to spy on citizens who are not suspected of a crime.”
- “The sequester is not something that I’ve proposed. It is something that Congress has proposed.”
- “I didn’t set a red line [in Syria].”
- “What we said was, you can keep (your plan) if it hasn’t changed since the law passed”
- “What I just find interesting is the degree to which this issue (withdrawal of troops from Iraq) keeps on coming up, as if this was my decision,”
- “When we said we decimated al Qaeda, we meant al Qaeda core.”
Obama’s biggest lie of the 2012 campaign – al Qaeda is “on the run”, “on its heels”, “decimated” has been laid bare by recent events.
The Khorosan lie is meant to paper over that lie. Khorosan is core al Qaeda in Syria. We may as well call them Khor-al Qaeda-osan.
I should have smelled the BS when I blogged about the “new terror organization” the “Khorosan Group” four days ago. The Regime’s brazen mendacity surprises even me, sometimes.
Via Andrew McCarthy, NRO:
We’re being had. Again.
For six years, President Obama has endeavored to will the country into accepting two pillars of his alternative national-security reality. First, he claims to have dealt decisively with the terrorist threat, rendering it a disparate series of ragtag jayvees. Second, he asserts that the threat is unrelated to Islam, which is innately peaceful, moderate, and opposed to the wanton “violent extremists” who purport to act in its name.
Now, the president has been compelled to act against a jihad that has neither ended nor been “decimated.” The jihad, in fact, has inevitably intensified under his counterfactual worldview, which holds that empowering Islamic supremacists is the path to security and stability. Yet even as war intensifies in Iraq and Syria — even as jihadists continue advancing, continue killing and capturing hapless opposition forces on the ground despite Obama’s futile air raids — the president won’t let go of the charade.
Hence, Obama gives us the Khorosan Group.
There is a reason that no one had heard of such a group until a nanosecond ago, when the “Khorosan Group” suddenly went from anonymity to the “imminent threat” that became the rationale for an emergency air war there was supposedly no time to ask Congress to authorize.
You haven’t heard of the Khorosan Group because there isn’t one. It is a name the administration came up with, calculating that Khorosan — the –Iranian–Afghan border region — had sufficient connection to jihadist lore that no one would call the president on it.
The “Khorosan Group” is al-Qaeda. It is simply a faction within the global terror network’s Syrian franchise, “Jabhat al-Nusra.”
Tip of the hat to Bizpac Review for helping me tabulate the lies.