We’re expecting significant snow throughout the night. In fact it will be the first significant snow we’ve had all year (thanks a lot, God)…but the KC Tea Party has grown too big to cancel. IT’S ON!
A note from the organizer:
ATTENTION: KANSAS CITY TEA PARTY PROTESTERS
First I would like to thank you all for your support.
The purpose of this protest is against the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009
or as I call it the CONGRESSIONAL THEFT ACT 2009.
Theme: “WALK A MILE IN MY RESPONSIBLE SHOES”
We are here to be heard, we have the constitutional right to peaceful assembly and protest. So let’s have fun with it. There are some basic laws we must follow. We must stay on public property (sidewalks and right of way’s), we must not impede traffic or the vision ability of said traffic at intersections, we must not dispose of trash on the ground.
If you choose to talk to the media here are some suggested talking points or if your here for a different reason then tell them your reason for being here.
1. Broken Promises: The President and the leaders of the House and Senate have violated their solemn promises that the bill would be available for several days of public review prior to voting, so that the American people might have a chance to learn what is in the bill and to make their views known to their elected officials. Act responsibly and repeal the Congressional Theft Act of 2009 and let the American people voice their opinion before you vote or resign your position as our representatives.
2. Damages Our Founding Fathers Philosophies: Bailing out states that have spent irresponsibly by their elected officials at the expense of taxpayers in states that have been fiscally responsible.
3. E-Verify: Removes language to require anyone receiving a contract paid for with funding from the bill to use the government’s E-Verify program in order to ensure taxpayer money is not used to hire illegal workers. In the current job climate these jobs should be reserved for tax paying U.S. citizens and our money should stay in and benefit the U.S. economy.
4. Housing Bail Out: Those of us who both pay our mortgages and pay our taxes, while we are working hard and playing by the rules, there were a lot of irresponsible people spending more than they had and getting in way over their heads, and now those irresponsible people are having to be bailed out by the people that are responsible and playing by the rules.
5. Repeal Of Welfare To Work Program: Repeals the bipartisan and highly successful welfare reforms of 1996 and drastically expands the welfare state. It rewards states for adding people to their welfare rolls, rather than for helping them find gainful employment. Contrary to long-established practice, it will entitle able-bodied adults without children to receive cash assistance and encourages irresponsibility.
Taking personal responsibility and expecting the same of your elected officials, is the message.
Don’t forget to bring an extra pair of RESPONSIBLE SHOES to set on Claires door step. Shoes will be donated at the end of the event.
Sponsored By: Blind Mule and Minuteman Civil Defense Corps
For More Information Contact: KansasCityTeaParty@yahoo.com
Minuteman Civil Defense Corps Kansas/Missouri Chapter firstname.lastname@example.org