A classic Slublog SluShop
Uh oh, Jake Tapper is reporting:
Asked if controversial White House official Van Jones continues to enjoy the confidence of President Obama given recent revelations about his involvement with those who suggest the Bush administration knew about the 9/11 attacks and allowed them to happen in order to justify a war for oil, White House press secretary Robert Gibbs Friday morning would only say “he continues to work in this administration.”
Or as Ace says, “Present!”
DrewM’s a betting man: I’ve got Sunday night in the “When Will Van Jones Be Publicly Tossed Under The Bus?” pool.
William Teach weighs in with, “Not any time this year”;
as long as the majority of the media ignore who this wackjob is and what he believes. This admin seems to revel at having tax cheats and crazies working for them, and, heck, a good chunk of the Defeatocrat base are Twoofers.
I was thinking that a Friday night news dump before a holiday weekend would be the ideal time, but what do I know?
Michelle Malkin reports that some GOP Congresscritters are weighing in, (it’s about dang time):
Sen. Kit Bond urges congressional hearing on Mr. Jones; GOP Rep. Pence calls for resignation
The heat is on.
Fox New Poll:
Should Van Jones Keep His Job?
Results so far:
Yes. 3% (1,320 votes)
No. 97% (49,931 votes)
I’m not sure. <1% (139 votes) <Who are these people?!
Total Votes: 51,390
Byron York reports on the Van Jones (non)feeding frenzy:
Total words about the Van Jones controversy in the New York Times: 0.
Total words about the Van Jones controversy in the Washington Post: 0.
Total words about the Van Jones controversy on NBC Nightly News: 0.
Total words about the Van Jones controversy on ABC World News: 0.
Total words about the Van Jones controversy on CBS Evening News: 0.
With the exception of Jake Tapper at ABC, most MSM news outlets are ignoring the story. Amazing, considering recent revelations about his background.
Former Reagan White House Aid, Jeffrey Lord, writing for The American Spectator, even supplied a list of questions they could be asking:
• Who on the White House staff cleared Van Jones?
• What was that person’s connection to Van Jones or Mr. Jones’s political sponsor?
• Who, exactly, was Mr. Jones’ sponsor for this job? How much money did he/she contribute to the Obama campaign?
• Did the Secret Service notify anyone on the White House staff — or the President or First Lady or Vice President Biden — that Mr. Jones had an arrest record on file with police in two cities?
• Did the Secret Service protest any of this, objecting to Mr. Jones’ clearance?
• If the Secret Service did object, who overruled them? The President? The Chief of Staff? Someone else?
• If the answer to this last question is yes, and the Secret Service was overruled by the President or someone else, why did this happen?
• The White House is a busy place. But there are always answers to questions like these.
If the MSM is willing to ask them, that is.
How many more stories are they going to allow conservative blogs, Fox News, and Glenn Beck to scoop them on?
Hat tip: Ace of Spades HQ
UNITED WE STAND
Freedom Fest 2009
Date: Saturday, September 5, 2009
Time: 10:00 am to 2:00 pm
Location: Theis Park
Intersection of Oak and 47th Street, KC,MO.
(Across from the Nelson-Atkins Art Museum, 1 Block East of the Country Club Plaza)
Combining leading voices of entrepenurship, faith, race relations and entertainment with great food and drink. You’ll hear author and radio host of the Big Black Lie, Kevin Jackson frequent guest contributor on the Fox News Network. Director of Health Policy Studies for the CATO Institute, Michael Cannon. Host of the Christian Politician, Apostle Claver and music from Outlaw Jim and The Whiskey Benders also featuring Melanie Owen, Angelo Mino and Beverly Gossage
Sponsored / Organized By: Political CHIPS and Modern Day Patriots – (Formerly, Kansas City Tea Party)