U.S. Representative Thaddeus G. McCotter, Chair of the Republican House Policy Committee, has written a new pamphlet, “We the People: Wide Awake for Our Newest Birth of Freedom,” in which he clearly and succinctly explains the challenges, duties, and principles the Republican Party currently faces.You can order it, here, or download it in PDF form, here.
We Are Wide Awake
They were “Wide Awakes” – Americans marching through sleepy hamlets for candidate Abraham Lincoln and the cause of human freedom. They were “Republicans!”
Today, Republicans continue to embrace our enduring duty to:
1. Expand human liberty and self-government;
2. Conserve our cherished way of life and its foundations of faith, family, community and country;
3. Empower Americans to achieve constructive, necessary change; and
4. Defend America’s national security
And we act upon five permanent principles:
1. Our liberty is from God not the government;
2. Our sovereignty is in our souls not the soil;
3. Our security is from strength not surrender;
4. Our prosperity is from the private sector not the public sector; and
5. Our truths are self-evident not relative
Check it out – with very little fanfare, and basically through word of mouth, and the internet, tens of thousands of these pamphlets have been distributed.
Here is McCotters latest appearance on Red Eye: