RealClearPolitics shows a Republican gain of 63-67 seats in the house, a few shy of the 70 we were hoping for, but still pretty impressive. And as it stands right now, we’ve picked up 6 seats in the Senate, bringing the tally to 51-46.
The sweetest victories of the night for me were:
Vicky Hartzler, at the “Retire Ike Skelton” tea party, last weekend.
1. Daniel Webster in FL-8… Geico caveman, Alan Grayson kicked to the curb, thank you Jesus.
2. Allen West in FL-22…his Dem opponent was quaking in fear all year, and for good reason. Congressman West will be fun to watch.
4. Mark Kirk in Il Senate: Yeah, I know he’s a RINO, but it’s Obama’s old seat, and he visited IL numerous times to stump for Giannoulias, bwahahahahahahah!
5. Pat Toomey in PA Senate: A genuine conservative wins big in a blue state, against corruptocrat, Sestak – what’s not to love?
7. Bobby Shilling in IL-17: It turns out voters in IL do worry about the Constitution, kick Phil Hare to the curb.
8. Chip Cravaack MN-8: Minnesota niiiice: 18 term career politician James “Porky” Oberstar didn’t think he’s wake up this morning w/o a job. Sweet.
9. Sean Duffy WI-7: Duffy, formerly of MTV’s “The Real World” is a five-time world-champion log climber and was the Ashland County district attorney from August 2002 to June 2010. He takes over a seat held for 40 years by House Appropriations Chairman David Obey...Cool beans.
10. Kansas: USA Today: “Voters in Tuesday’s election gave the Kansas GOP its first clean sweep of statewide and congressional races since the Beatles were charting their early hits.” Kris Kobach won Sec of State on a platform combating voter fraud. His policies are ones he hopes to see other states adopt.
The most stinging defeats of the night:
(AP Photo/Jae C. Hong)
1. Jacob Turk in MO-5 – I had high hopes for Turk. He ran a good race, but he was up against a formidable Kansas City political machine. Once again, all of District-5 is sentenced to 2 more years of representation by race-baiting, Cuba-loving, Democrat Socialist, Emanuel Cleaver. Not cool.
2. Ruth McClung in AZ-7: It was a close race against Dem Socialist, Grijalva, who actually advocated a boycott against his own state, and called McClung, “Whitebread” in a mail piece, but he still managed to squeak out a win. WTF.
3. California: I consider CA to be a lost cause, a failed state. Conservatives should just leave. You’ve made your bed, California…. Don’t expect the rest of us to bail you out out of your fiscal misery.
4. Sharron Angle NV Senate: There is no way I can overstate my disappointment in Nevada voters for their decision to send the lamest, mangiest, dingiest Dem of them all, Harry “The Iraq War is Lost” Reid, back to the Senate, even as their economy faces an extended losing streak. Was ACORN involved?
5. Linda McMahon, CT Senate: All I can think of is how lonely and isolated conservatives must feel in a state that would elect a phony, corrupt, economically illiterate dweeb like Blumenthal.
6. Christine O’Donnell, DE: I knew she was going to lose, but it’s sad that the people of DE have no problem electing the smug, “bearded Marxist”, Coons to represent them in the Senate.
8. Sean Bielat MA-4: Just why? How could this young, appealing Marine Vet lose to pompous windbag, Barney Frank, one of the architects of the financial crisis? What is in the water in the Commonwealth’s 4th district? Frank’s arrogant, partisan, and classless victory speech, here.
Cross-posted at NewsReal Blog
Linked by Babalu, thanks!