Five days ago, it was widely reported that Mark Harwood, the financee of Sharon Bialek, one of the Cain accusers who went public, was gallantly coming to his beloved’s defense. An interview that was picked up by scores of media outlets, lent credibility to her story, even as damaging reports about her personal history was struggling for media attention. A few days ago, it was revealed that new lie detector technology had indicated that her story was a lie.
Now, Harwood wants to “clear the air”, Fox Nation reports:
For starters, Sharon Bialek isn’t his fiancee, said Mark Harwood in an exclusive interview on Wednesday night.
“We were engaged last year in June but I think there have been some assumptions that Sharon still lives here in Mundelein with me” Harwood told the I-Team. “Sharon and her son moved out in February of this year and now live in their own home … so effectively we’re no longer engaged.”
In fact, per the Tribune, she’s living with her fiance, described as an executive in the medical equipment industry, in “a large, five-bedroom home… in north suburban Mundelein.”
It was Thursday before WLS-TV got this interview, so that little bit of misinformation got corrected by the local ABC station in Chicago, three crucial days after it had been widely reported and woven into the media narrative as evidence of Bialek’s credibility.
Like I said: Things that make you go “hmmmm.”
Hat tip: Brian B.
Linked by Weasel Zippers, thanks!