Bankrupting America, a project of Public Notice, has released a new video showing the continued dysfunction in Washington. The video is a call to action for Americans to get involved by calling their Senator urging them to ‘stop pointing fingers and do their job’.
FACT SHEET: The Budget Games:
The Last Passed Budget Resolution
The last time Congress completed the budget process was on April 29, 20091.
- The House passed the conference report for the budget on April 29, 2009, by a vote of 233 – 1932.
- The Senate passed the conference report for the budget on April 29, 2009, by a vote of 53 – 433.
Today, 5.3 million Americans have spent over 27 weeks looking for work.4 Additionally, since President Obama took office in 2009, the public debt has increased nearly 45% as of this date, it has increased 47 percent to be exact. (To be clear, we rounded down to 45 percent in the video.)5.
Yesterday, Bankrupting America launched a hashtag campaign calling on the Senate to pass a budget. The hashtag: #DuringTheLastBudget is used to identify items or events that did not exist when the last budget was passed. Below are a few examples:
– The iPad had not been invented
– Bruno Mars had never released an album
– No one had ever heard of Rebecca Black
– Charlie Sheen was still on Two and a Half Men
We all know, the MSM will not hold their feet to the fire – it’s up to every day Americans to to get involved. If you have a Democrat Senator, call him/her and and demand an explanation.