More than seven hundred retired Military Special Operations professionals from “Special Operations Speaks” sent a letter to the House of Representatives urging members to support H.Res 36, which would create a House Select Committee to investigate the September 11 terrorist attack in Benghazi, Libya. Four Americans were killed in that attack, and two could have been saved if the Regime had acted quickly enough..
Kerry Picket of Big Peace reported:
Signers of the letter believe the House Select Committee should look into a number of issues, including the lack of military response to the events in Benghazi, if any non-military assistance was provided during the attack; the number U.S. personnel who were injured in Benghazi; the current locations of survivors; the names of the individuals in the White House Situation Room (WHSR) during the entire 8-hour period of the attacks and was a senior US military officer present.
“As veterans from all aspects of Special Operations, we have no doubt that there’s a lot more to what happened in Benghazi than President Obama and his Administration are letting on. From the very beginning, he has attempted to mislead and outright lied to the American people about why the attack on September 11th, 2012 happened, how it happened, and what our government did or did not do to save the lives of our patriots abroad,” former Navy SEAL Captain Larry Bailey wrote in a statement to Breitbart News.
The representatives from the retired military community want “a full accounting of the events of September 11, 2012,” adding that the, “American public be fully informed regarding this egregious terrorist attack on US diplomatic personnel and facilities. We owe that truth to the American people and the families of the fallen.”
Retired Air Force Col. Dick Brauer, now a member of S.O.S. discussed his group’s push for information on Fox and Friends, this morning.
Here’s the full listing of the questions they are demanding answers to:
1. Why was there no military response to the events in Benghazi?
a. Were military assets in the region available? If not, why not?
b. If so, were they alerted?
c. Were assets deployed to any location in preparation for a rescue or recovery attempt?
d. Was military assistance requested by the Department of State? If so, what type?
e. Were any US Army/Naval/USMC assets available to support the US diplomats in Benghazi during the attack?
f. What, if any, recommendations for military action were made by DOD and the US Africa Command?
2. What, if any, non-military assistance was provided during the attack?
3. How many US personnel were injured in Benghazi?
4. Why have the survivors of the attack not been questioned?
5. Where are the survivors?
6. Who was in the White House Situation Room (WHSR) during the entire 8-hour period of the attacks, and was a senior US military officer present?
7. Where were Leon Panetta and General Martin Dempsey during the crisis, and what inputs and recommendations did they make?
8. Where were Tom Donilon, the National Security Advisor, Denis McDonough, his deputy, Valerie Jarrett and John Brennan during the attacks, and what (if any) recommendations or decisions did any of them make?
9. Why were F-16 fighter aircraft based in Aviano, Italy (less than two hours away) never considered a viable option for disruption (if not dispersal) of the attackers until “boots on the ground” (troop support–General Dempsey’s words) arrived?
10. Were any strike aircraft (such as an AC-130 gunship) in the area or possibly overhead that would cause former SEAL Tyrone Woods to laser-designate his attacker’s position and call for gunship fire support, thereby revealing his own location that led to his death?
11. Who gave the order to “STAND DOWN” that was heard repeatedly during the attacks?
12. What threat warnings existed before the attack, and what were the DOD and DOS responses to those warnings? What data (which will reveal exact timelines and command decisions) is contained within the various SITREPS, records, logs, videos and recordings maintained by the myriad of DOD, Intelligence Community and State Department Command Centers that were monitoring the events in Benghazi as they unfolded?
13. Why did the Commander-in Chief and Secretary of State never once check in during the night to find out the status of the crisis situation in Benghazi?
14. What was the nature of Ambassador Stevens’ business in Benghazi at the time of the attack?
15. What guidance has been provided to survivors and family members since the time of the attack, and who issued that guidance?
16. Why are so many agencies now requiring their personnel that were involved in or have access to information regarding the events that took place in Benghazi sign Non-Disclosure Agreements?
For some reason, House Speaker, John Boehner has not been predisposed to appoint a select committee to investigate the Benghazi debacle, but being a political animal, hopefully he will bow to public pressure if enough of his constituents push him in that direction.
Sadly, it looks like the Republican leadership decided to drop the issue after the election, lending credence to the charge that they were only pursuing it for political reasons. It’s almost like top Republicans knew something about a classified weapons running operation being run out of Benghazi, and now want to wash their hands of the whole stinking thing. “What difference does it make?!” as HillaryClinton famously asked.
But Special Op guys don’t like to see their own left behind, and they are not letting this thing go.
Former Navy SEAL Captain Larry Bailey said in a conference call, today, that SOS thought they would get maybe a couple hundred signatures on their petition and were surprised by the overwhelming response – over 700 Special Op signatures,
now. He said that they expect there to be a committee established, and if it isn’t, he matter-of-factly offered that there would be political consequences.
Frank Gaffney made note of something Clinton said repeatedly (so it was apparently an approved talking point) during her hearing. “We are confronting a global jihadist threat,” she told the Senators. But the failure that was manifest on Sept 11, was that the Regime didn’t recognize the global jihadist threat. Clinton failed to countenance the global jihadist threat until she was heading out the door.
Another thing Gaffney thought was kind of stunning was the absence of any of the folks who survived the attack from the public domain. He called it a “witness suppression program.”
Their working theory as to what was going on: Ambassador Stevens was in one of the most dangerous places in the world on one of the most dangerous days of the year for a specific reason: an emergency meeting after the disclosure in the media of a shipment of arms from Libya through Turkey heading to Syria to arm the Islamist rebels in Syria. Exposure of that pipeline serious might have had serious repercussions for Obama in the presidential election. Both parties might have known about the covert operations.