The Blaze went out on a limb with their story about the Saudi National deportation, Thursday.
Certain government officials pushed back, saying in essence, there was no truth to it, but the Blaze isn’t backing down. They’re doubling down.
Thursday night Jason Howerton reported at The Blaze that according to his congressional source, documents have indeed been presented to members of Congress confirming that plans were made to revoke the visa of Abdul Rahman Ali Alharbi, a Saudi national once considered a “person of interest” in the Boston bombings.
Other sources, including one at the FBI, previously informed TheBlaze that there have been discussions about deporting Alharbi on “security and related grounds.” He has been living in the Boston area and in the U.S. on a student visa. An FBI source said the agency is against deporting Alharbi because of his status as a material witness.
The congressional source told TheBlaze it was unclear as to why representatives from Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) would be unaware of this information. Earlier on Thursday, an official with ICE said it was “categorically false” that Alharbi had ever been considered for deportation.
As I reported here, and at the Conversation, DHS Chief, Janet Napolitano also took umbrance at the story, saying, when Rep Jeff Duncan asked her about it: “I am not going to answer that question it is so full of misstatements and misapprehension that it’s just not worthy of an answer…there’s been so much reported on this that’s been wrong I can’t even begin to tell you, congressman,” Napolitano replied. “We will provide you with accurate information as it becomes available.”
But since when are we supposed to believe anything anyone from this Regime tells us?
The congressional source told The Blaze that the information sent to Congress showed that a file was created on “Abdul Rahman Ali Al Harby” at 4 p.m. on Tuesday by an official with the National Targeting Center, a counterterrorism sub-agency of U.S. Customs and Border Protection and the Department of Homeland Security.
The file stated that the individual is “linked to the Boston bombing” and was to be processed for revocation of his visa based on national security grounds, the congressional source revealed.