Wow, another major CNN exclusive.
CNN has uncovered exclusive new information about what is allegedly happening at the CIA, in the wake of the deadly Benghazi terror attack.
Four Americans, including Ambassador Christopher Stevens, were killed in the assault by armed militants last September 11 in eastern Libya.
Sources now tell CNN dozens of people working for the CIA were on the ground that night, and that the agency is going to great lengths to make sure whatever it was doing, remains a secret.
CNN has learned the CIA is involved in what one source calls an unprecedented attempt to keep the spy agency’s Benghazi secrets from ever leaking out.
Since January, some CIA operatives involved in the agency’s missions in Libya, have been subjected to frequent, even monthly polygraph examinations, according to a source with deep inside knowledge of the agency’s workings.
The goal of the questioning, according to sources, is to find out if anyone is talking to the media or Congress.
It is being described as pure intimidation, with the threat that any unauthorized CIA employee who leaks information could face the end of his or her career.
It looks like Rand Paul’s suspicion that the CIA was moving weapons through Turkey to (al-Qaeda affiliated) rebels in Syria is not looking so far fetched, now.
If you remember, Hillary Clinton, (who’s running for president in 2016) was so out of the loop, she had no idea what Paul was talking about when he asked her about the arms transfers when she testified before the Senate Judiciary. “I will have to take that question for the record”, she scoffed. “No one has ever raised that with me.”
Via Gateway Pundit: BREAKING>>> GOP Rep: Obama WH Is Hiding Benghazi Survivors AND CHANGING THEIR NAMES
Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-SC) was on with Greta Van Susteren tonight to discuss the Obama scandals.
Twitchy: ‘This is the one’: Drudge editor’s CIA source raises key question about Benghazi bombshell
Twitchy: Jake Tapper: Remember when Rand Paul asked Hillary about gun running in Libya?
Linked by Doug Ross, thanks!
House Republicans released a report Wednesday formally accusing Attorney General Eric Holder of misleading Congress with his “deceptive” testimony back in May.
After reporting their findings, lawmakers sent a letter to President Obama saying they have “grave concerns” about Holder and called for a “change in leadership” at the Department of Justice.
Fox News reported:
“The deceptive and misleading testimony of Attorney General Holder is unfortunately just the most recent example in a long list of scandals that have plagued the Department,” House Judiciary Committee Chairman Bob Goodlatte, R-Va., said in a statement.
Mr. Holder attempted to disguise his clearly erroneous reading of the statute as a defect in the law,” the report said. “Rather than admit that he gave deceptive testimony, and that Mr. Rosen was actually a target of prosecution (and further raise the ire of the media), Mr. Holder instead represented that Mr. Rosen was never a true suspect.”
This explanation, the report claimed, served “only to provide cover for Mr. Holder’s misleading testimony.
The House GOP letter to Obama is here.
That’s all well and good, but Holder told NBC News, last month that he has no intention of stepping down, and the president has repeatedly stated that his corrupt AG has his full support. If it were possible, Obama would give Holder a promotion. Lately, Holder has been working with Obama and
“civil rights” activists race hustlers to punish states that pass voter integrity laws.
There’s only one way to chastise this man.
It’s time for the House to impeach.
On the heels of CNN reporter Arwa Damon’s exclusive interview with Ahmed Abu Khattala, a ‘lead suspect’ in the Benghazi attack, Rep Jason Chaffetz appeared on CNN to discuss his call for the FBI to get more aggressive on the Benghazi investigation.
“Our people aren’t even talking to him, let alone capturing him or killing him, if it’s appropriate”, Chaffetz said, “I just don’t understand…”
Via House Oversight And Reform Press Release: Seven Months Later, State Department Still Hesitating to Make Final Determinations on Employees Faulted by ARB:
WASHINGTON – House Oversight and Government Reform Committee Chairman Darrell Issa (R-Calif.) today asked the State Department to explain why the agency is still struggling to make status decisions on four employees faulted for their conduct by the Benghazi Accountability Review Board (ARB). More than seven months after those officials were faulted by the ARB, those individuals remain on paid administrative leave. In his letter to Secretary John Kerry requesting a briefing, Chairman Issa expresses concern about why the State Department continues to hesitate on making decisions on the future of the four employees faulted by the ARB. Absent internal doubts about the strength of the ARB’s conclusions, concerns about how information from ongoing investigations into the Benghazi attacks may yet alter determination, or any reservations about granting faulted individuals a forum to rebut accusations, the Department’s continued delay of final determinations about the employment status of the four individuals faulted by the ARB remains puzzling.
Chairman Issa states in the letter: “The Committee has certainly taken notice that while the Department hesitates to reach final determinations on the status of the four officials identified by the ARB, other officials with similar degrees of responsibility for security in Benghazi and the Department’s flawed response to the attacks have been promoted. For example, Elizabeth Dibble was promoted to be the Deputy Chief of Mission in London. Victoria Nuland was promoted to be the Assistant Secretary for the Bureau of European Affairs. These promotions—which occurred while the employment status of the officials faulted by the ARB remains in limbo—create the appearance that former Secretary Hillary Clinton’s decision to announce action against the individuals named in the ARB report was more of a public relations strategy than a measured response to a tragedy. “
The letter requests that the State Department provide a briefing on why it continues to delay final decisions on the four employees placed on paid Administrative leave and why they were initially told that their leave would only be temporary before they were given new assignments.
Read the letter to Kerry here.
Linked by Doug Ross, thanks!
Darrell Issa, the Chairman of the House Oversight and Reform Committee appeared on the Neil Cavuto Show, Wednesday, to talk about the Regime’s “phony scandals”. Cavuto began the segment by playing a clip of Mark Levin lambasting John Boehner for not assigning select committees on Benghazi and the IRS (which I don’t believe Issa wants at this point, either.)
“What do you make of that argument”, Cavuto asked, “that it’s your party – the Speaker that’s sort of stonewalling this?”
Issa gave a full throated defense of Boehner: “Well, I guess he just hasn’t been at meetings in which the speaker said, “Darrell use all the resources that you need – get it done.” Later on in the interview, he said, “I have complete support from the Speaker”.
Issa explained that his committee has been methodically making progress in the face of the Regime’s relentless stonewalling.
Issa recently sent a strongly worded letter to IRS Commish Werfel warning him that ‘Obstructing a Congressional Investigation is a Crime’.
It’s a crime punishable by a term of up to five years.
Today at 10:00 a.m. Eastern, the Committee on Oversight and Government Reform will hold a hearing entitled “Department of Energy’s Bonneville Power Administration: Discriminating Against Veterans and Retaliating Against Whistleblowers.”
The central focus of this hearing will be the July 16th “Management Alert,” by the Department of Energy Office of Inspector General (IG), regarding allegations of illegal personnel practices at the Bonneville Power Administration (BPA), a component of the Department. These practices “effectively disadvantaged veterans and other applicants.” The IG also noted that BPA “has apparently proposed or recently executed a number of personnel actions against certain employees who have cooperated with [the IG’s] review.”
The Management Alert said that the “chilling effect of the adverse actions against Bonneville staff is clear, jeopardizing efforts to get at the truth in these matters.”
On July 16th, Committee Chairman Darrell Issa, R-Calif. wrote a letter to DOE Deputy Secretary Daniel Poneman seeking documents related to the personnel actions.
After the Committee’s first letter, a senior BPA official told Committee investigators that Deputy Secretary Poneman had issued a gag order on BPA employees, preventing them from talking with “anyone” regarding these allegations—including congressional investigators. In a follow-up letter on July 17th, Issa instructed Poneman to immediately reverse the gag order.
On July 24th, DOE sent a reply asserting that employees have been sufficiently instructed of their rights to come forward to Congress with information about wrongdoing. In response, Chairman Issa offered the following statement: “BPA employees have told committee staff– this week– that they still fear retaliation. These BPA employees will not speak to the Committee because they are afraid of losing their jobs. Senior BPA officials have told committee staff their ‘chain of command’ is preventing them from providing more information to the Committee. These conversations speak for themselves. The DOE’s coordination of “external questions” has, to date, done nothing but obstruct the Committee’s oversight work.”
The Committee expects to hear from the following witnesses:
The Honorable Daniel B. Poneman, Deputy Secretary, U.S. Department of Energy
The Honorable Gregory H. Friedman, Inspector General, U.S. Department of Energy
Ms. Anita J. Decker, Chief Operating Officer, Bonneville Power Administration, Note: On July 15, 2013, Decker was placed on Administrative Leave.