“L’Estat is Moi! Apres Moi, le deluge!” Yes, we are officially back in the days of the French Bourbons and the ineffectual, narcissistic and parasitic pre-revolution days of Louis XVI.
He is, given his own words, a failure. The five years of inequality and economic stagnation he talked aboutbelong to him, as much as he tries to put the blame elsewhere.
So now, he informs us that he plans to rule with a pen, to stop ‘standing still’ and rule even more than he already has by diktat, decree and executive order..even if he has to precipitate a constitutional crisis to do it.
Oh, and that bit of drama about ‘forcing’ Federal contractors to pay a minimum wage of $10.10 an hour? The contractors will do so gladly, with a cynical smirk or two, because they know they won’t be picking up the bill, and neither will the president – the taxpayers will. It’s a perfect example of this president’s signature dishonesty and contempt for the rest of us.
It was embarrassing to listen to and even more embarrassing to reflect that this is whom we have leading our country.
Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the ‘sphere, and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council.Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday morning.
As you might remember last week at this time we said farewell to our dear friends and Council matesThe Mellow Jihadi and The Political Commentator. We were certainly sorry to see them go, but look what we have here..this week marks the debut of a new Council member, Ask Marion and the return of an old friend, The Independent Sentinel. Our regular readers are familiar with both of these fine writer’s work from their frequent appearance in our Honorable Mentions, and in The Independent Sentinel’s case, her previous work as part of the Council.
Those of who haven’t had the pleasure of reading them are definitely in for a treat.
Watcher’s Council Activities: My latest piece over at The Times of Israel, ‘Baseless Hatred, Israel’s Ultimate Price Tag’ can be read here.
WoW community member, Council Alumnus and noted author Trevor Loudon is on a book and speaking tour currently. As Tom White over at VA Right said, if he’s speaking anywhere near you, go see him! I certainly second that.
His next scheduled appearance is a speech before the Medina OH TEA Party
The Lodge, 600 High Street, Wadsworth, OH
Thursday, January 30, 2014 — 7:00 pm
You can, too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
To bring somethingto my attention, simply head over to Joshuapundit and post the title a link to the piece you want considered along with an e-mail address ( which won’t be published) in the comments section no later than Monday 6PM PST in order to be considered for our honorable mention category. Then return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week when it comes out Wednesday morning
It’s a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members. while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
So, let’s see what we have this week….
- The Noisy Room – The New Progressive McCarthyism
- Liberty’s Spirit – How frightening is this Hillary 2016 reality?
- Simply Jews – Now, what will State Department say about that?
- Joshuapundit–Obama’s Loving Requiem For A Prominent Communist – And Mine
- The Colossus of Rhodey – The “Progressives’” ever-increasing penchant for outright make-believe
- Ask Marion – The Power and Ruling Elite
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Iran’s Next Supreme Leader
- Rhymes With Right – Greta Van Susteren — Female Chauvinist
- VA Right! – Quick! Fire up the Charcoal Gills, Coal Plants and Remove Your Catalytic Converters – BRING BACK GLOBAL WARMING!
- The Independent Sentinel – What Obama Won’t Dare Talk About in His State of the Union Speech
- The Razor – China’s Rise No Longer Peaceful
- Nice Deb – Comments on proposed IRS rule targeting the Tea Party Overwhelmingly negative
- The Glittering Eye –Illinois’s Red Queen Solution
- Bookworm Room – Dachau: The bitter fruit of a terrible evil, in color
- The Right Planet – The Inequality of Equality
- The Blue Ridge Forum – Ed Gillespie: Would A Beltway Insider Be A Strong Voice For You?
- Seraphic Secret – ObamaCare’s Bitter Medicine
- The Pirate’s Cove – Autocrat-lite POTUS To Unilaterally Raise Minimum Wage For Federal Contractors
- Sultan Knish –Totalitarians of New York submitted by The Noisy Room
- Gary Schmitt/The Weekly Standard – Privacy or Security: a False Choice submitted byLiberty’s Spirit
- The Passing Parade – The Canard Conspiracy, only vaguely by Robert Ludlum…or someone like him, only still living submitted by Simply Jews
- Kevin Williamson/NRO – Great Caesar’s Ghost submitted by Joshuapundit
- The Foundry – Climate-Change Busyness submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- Crystal Wright/Washingtonian Times –Hillary Clinton and Chris Christie – Oh, how the mighty may fallsubmitted by Ask Marion
- Dangerous Minds – It didn’t always suck to be a woman in Afghanistan submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Watchdog Wire – Citizen Files Ethics Complaint Against Wendy Davis submitted by Rhymes with Right
- Allen West – Tonight: The State of the Dictator — uh, Union submitted by VA Right!
- Maggie’s Notebook –Malik Obama, Obama’s Brother Photo’d with Hamas Scarf & Slogan: ‘Jerusalem is ours – WE ARE COMING! submitted by The Independent Sentinel
- MoreRight.Net –Splitting Apart the United States submitted by The Razor
- Rick Moran/PJ Media –Media Not Very Curious about D’Souza Indictment submitted by Nice Deb
- JustOneMinute – They Lost Me With ‘Hello’ submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Dennis Prager/National Review–What Bothers You Most?submitted by Bookworm Room
- Ludwig von Mises Institute – What They Won’t Tell You About Capitalism submitted by The Right Planet
- Matthew Continetti/Washington Free Beacon – Love in the Time of Obama submitted byThe Watcher
- HyScience – 13 Rules Of Gunfighting Everyone Should Know submitted by Watcher