Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the ‘sphere, and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council.Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday morning.
You can, too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
To bring something to my attention, simply head over to Joshuapundit and post the title and a link to the piece you want considered along with an e-mail address (mandatory, but of course it won’t be published) in the comments section no later than Monday 6PM PST in order to be considered for our honorable mention category. Then return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week when it comes out on Wednesday morning
It’s a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
So, let’s see what we have for you this week….
- The Right Planet – The Growing ISIS Arsenal, Pt. 1
- Simply Jews – Boycotting Israeli circumcision rings? No worries.
- The Independent Sentinel – Operation Chokepoint, Operation Communism!
- The Noisy Room – ISIS barbarians At Our Gates
- Joshuapundit–It’s Time To Give Abbas What He’s Asking For
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Tannenberg
- VA Right! – Arm Yourselves Against ISIS Because Obama has No Plan and No Clue
- The Glittering Eye –Naming Evil
- The Colossus of Rhodey – Color the Opposing Team’s Locker Pink and … Risk a Lawsuit?
- Rhymes With Right – How Far May School Administrators And Law Enforcement Go In The Name Of “School Security”?
- The Razor – PC Authorities Silence Sex Abuse Victims in the UK
- Bookworm Room – Modern Art – rebelling against aesthetics, taste, God, America, and basic drafting standard
- Nice Deb – West Point Report: Obama Watched And Did Nothing As ISIS Threat Grew – Why?
- Ask Marion – Gluten, Celiac Disease and the Bigger Picture
- Blazing Cat Fur – Islamic State bootcamp in Turkey along Syrian border
- Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion – How Hamas’ Casualty Figures Became News
- The Pirate’s Cove – Ricky Gervais Makes Common Sense Tweet On Hacked Celeb Nude Photos
- Raymond Ibrahim – The Siege of Constantinople submitted by The Right Planet
- Sultan Knish –Ferguson’s Media Problem submitted by The Independent Sentinel
- Bill Gertz/Free Beacon –FBI National Domestic Threat Assessment Omits Islamist Terrorismsubmitted by The Noisy Room
- Bret Stephens/WSJ – Obama’s Curious Rage submitted by Joshuapundit
- Brookings Institute – 5 Myths About The Islamic State submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Western Journalism – MUST-READ: Angry Parents Of Fallen Seal Team Member Just Destroyed Obama In This Gutsy Letter
submitted by VA Right!
- Ron Fournier/National Journal – The Summer of Obama’s Disconnect submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Douglas Ernst – Joe Scarborough: Obama’s ‘We don’t have a strategy’ remark comes from ‘The Art of War submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- Texas Observer – Something’s Missing from Wendy Davis Ads—Wendy Davis submitted byRhymes with Right
- The People’s Cube –The ISIS Bucket Challenge submitted by The Razor
- Richard A. Block/Tablet–Why I’m Unsubscribing to the New York Timessubmitted byBookworm Room
- Ivy Mike Cafe –#Ferguson – When Assholes Collide submitted by Nice Deb
- Jay Cost/The Weekly Standard – What If There’s No There There? submitted by The Watcher
- Andrew McCarthy/NRO – Eric Holder, Racial Profiler submitted by The Watcher
- Mike Gonzalez/ The Federalist – The Making of “Latinos” submitted by The Watcher
Enjoy! Be sure to tune in Thursday AM to see which Weasel Of The Week nominee walks off with the statuette of Shame! Don’t forget to tune in Friday for this weeks’ Watcher’s Council results!