The president hasn’t been invited to do too much campaigning for his fellow Democrats this year. In fact, they have pretty much treated the idea of him making an appearance on their behalf like the president was suffering from Ebola.
One of the rare exceptions was Lt. Gov. Anthony Brown,who’s seeking the governor’s seat in Maryland. He thought it would be a great idea to have the president as a headliner at a campaign event to gin up black turnout. Instead, the largely black crowd in Maryland streamed for the exits while the president was still reading his speech to them off of the teleprompter.
The story was so embarrassing that Facebook actually blocked the link to a Yahoo news story about what happened like this:
And anyone attempting to post the story on their own Facebook account got this message:
This weeks’ edition gets its title from the variation of the title of an old O’Jay’s tune that was undoubtedly echoing in President Barack Hussein Obama’s head as he watched the crowd walk out on him and remembered happier days. They did usta be his girl (or another word I could think of), after all, but some of them are apparently getting tired of the same old song.
Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the ‘sphere, and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council.Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday morning.
You can, too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
To bring something to my attention, simply head over to Joshuapundit and post the title and a link to the piece you want considered along with an e-mail address (mandatory, but of course it won’t be published) in the comments section no later than Monday 6PM PST in order to be considered for our honorable mention category. Then return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week when it comes out on Wednesday morning
It’s a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
So, let’s see what we have for you this week….
- The Noisy Room – #Ebola – Blood, vomit and diarrhea-soaked hazardous materials piled to the ceiling…;
- Joshuapundit–Cheerleaders, G-d And Civil Disobedience
- The Independent Sentinel – CDC’s Mission: Ban Guns, Promote Bike Lanes, Tell Us What To Eat, Put Helmets On Our Heads
- Simply Jews – Dean Obeidallah on Bill Maher or how to stuff foot in mouth deeper
- VA Right! – Liberals Move from Aids Panic to Ebola Denial
- Rhymes With Right – Houston Mayor Narrows Subpoena – But Appears To Miss The Point
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – MacArthur’s Return!
- The Right Planet – The Strange Silence of Karl Rove
- The Glittering Eye –This Is No Time To Remain Calm
- Nice Deb – Amnesty Begins: Regime Prepares For Millions of New Immigrant IDs
- The Razor – Kick Turkey Out Of NATO
- Bookworm Room – In Idaho, gay marriage is in direct conflict with religious rights under the First Amendment
- Ask Marion – Megyn Kelly Takes On Ward Churchill: How Can You Compare 9/11 Victims to Nazis?
- The MidKnight Review – Obama continues to prep as the coming Leader of the World (??)
- Changing Wind.Org – Climate Change, Democracy, & Slavery
- Blazing Cat Fur – Iran finds another conspiracy: low oil prices
- The Pirate’s Cove – Dildos and Lynchings: Wendy Davis, Kay Hagan Campaigns Go Insane
- Sultan Knish –The Savage Lands Of Islam submitted by The Noisy Room
- Mark Steyn – The Strong Horse submitted by Joshuapundit
- American Thinker –Reza Aslan’s Marxist Account of Islam submitted by The Independent Sentinel
- Harry’s Place – Opening night of Klinghoffer faces protests and disruption submitted by Simply Jews
- American Thinker – Surveillance video captures man stuffing ballot box with hundreds of ballotssubmitted by VA Right!
- Volokh Conspiracy – Can ministers who make a living by conducting weddings be required to conduct same-sex weddings? submitted by Rhymes with Right
- CFR.Org – Are U.S. Ground Troops Headed to Syria? submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- The Blogmocracy – Debunking Liberal Propaganda, One Lie At A Time submitted by The Right Planet
- Raconteur Report – Ebola: This Is What Science Sounds Like submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Peggy Noonan/WSJ –Who Do They Think We Are? submitted by Nice Deb
- American Interest –Seattle’s Reds Have Minimum Wage Blues submitted by The Razor
- National Review/Jonah Goldberg–Putting the “O” in EbOla submitted by Bookworm Room
- Melanie Phillips/The Jerusalem Post – The false equation of Jew-hatred and Islamophobiasubmitted by The Watcher
- The Federalist – How Colorado’s Cory Gardner Turned The ‘War On Women’ Against Democratssubmitted by The Watcher
- Mona Charon/The Washington Examiner –What women want submitted by The Watcher