Greg Abbott Says Obama Admin. Misled Fed Court: “Time For Contempt”

Amid accusations Wednesday that the Obama administration purposefully lied to a federal judge,  Texas Governor Abbott has called on the court to place him in contempt.

Via The Right Scoop:

Byron York explained the Regime’s subterfuge at the Washington Examiner:

The administration’s schedule shaped the schedule of those challenging the president’s action. On Feb. 16, federal judge Andrew Hanen issued an order stopping the program, noting in his opinion that “the DHS’ website provides February 18, 2015 as the date it will begin accepting applications under DACA’s new criteria, and mid-to-late May for DAPA applications.” Hanen barred the administration from implementing “any and all aspects or phases of the expansions (including any and all changes)” to DACA and also “any and all aspects or phases” of DAPA.

So everyone involved knew the score. Changes to DACA, which had been scheduled to start Feb. 18, were on hold. DAPA was also on hold. And everyone assumed those dates to be accurate. But now, the administration is telling a different story.

***

The day after filing the motion, Jan. 15, Justice Department lawyer Kathleen Hartnett appeared in Hanen’s court to emphasize that there was no problem delaying things for a while because the administration wasn’t implementing the president’s changes.

“In that [motion] we reiterated that no applications for the revised DACA — this is not even DAPA — revised DACA would be accepted until the 18th of February,” Hartnett told the judge, “and that no action would be taken on any of those applications until March the 4th.”

A moment later, just to be sure, Hanen said to Hartnett, “But as far as you know, nothing is going to happen in the next three weeks?”

“No, your honor,” Hartnett said.

“OK,” Hanen answered. “On either?”

“In terms of accepting applications or granting any up-or-down applications,” Hartnett said.

“OK,” said Hanen.

“For revised DACA, just to be totally clear,” Hartnett said.

Hartnett did not mention the 100,000 illegal immigrants to whom the administration had already rushed to grant longer protections and work permits under the president’s order.

 SEE ALSO:

Weasel Zippers: Feds Processed 7 Million Immigration Applications…IN ONE YEAR…

This is a ridiculous number…

Via Breitbart:

On Tuesday, United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) officials revealed that the agency processed nearly seven million immigration-related applications in just one year alone (fiscal year 2014). Because the agency does not have the resources to conduct in-person interviews with every applicant, officials noted that applicants for President Barack Obama’s Deferred Action for Childhood (DACA) program did not have to go though face-to-face interviews before being granted temporary amnesty.

Potential applicants for President Barack Obama’s executive amnesty program for the illegal immigrant parents of U.S. citizens will also not be given in-person interviews if the federal government is allowed to proceed with its implementation after the court case against it is resolved.

Breitbart: EXCLUSIVE — SCOTT WALKER COMES OUT AGAINST BOEHNER’S AND MCCONNELL’S DEAL WITH DEMS TO FUND OBAMA’S AMNESTY

Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker, a frontrunner in many 2016 GOP presidential polls in recent weeks, has come out swinging against the deal House Speaker John Boehner and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell just cut with congressional Democrats to fund President Obama’s executive amnesty.

The basis of his opposition to the deal is twofold.

First, he doesn’t agree with the way it surrenders Congress’ power of the purse to Obama through at least the end of September, the current fiscal year.

Second, Walker is furious that Democrats who publicly stated many times they opposed the president’s actions didn’t follow through and vote their stated positions.

Also, Walker—whose state of Wisconsin is part of the Texas-led 26-state lawsuit against the president’s actions—says that in addition to states fighting this in court, the Congress needs to do its job to stop Obama, a job that Congress has thus far failed at. Federal judge Andrew S. Hanen has put Obama’s executive amnesty on hold until appeals are completed in the court system–something the administration has reluctantly agreed to comply with.

4 thoughts on “Greg Abbott Says Obama Admin. Misled Fed Court: “Time For Contempt”

  1. So the regime has ignored another Court order…..l’m sh⊙-⊙cked.

    But seriously since when does a Monarch have to follow any Court order? This guy writes and revises any law he wants. Nobody has clipped his wings yet.

    Like

  2. I just can’t imagine Obama lying about anything-are you sure this story has the correct timeline????? Surely those pesky 100,000 work permits were issued legally, WEREN’T THEY???

    Next thing you’ll tell me is he lied about the cause of Chris Stevens’ death or that he’s planning on raising taxes by EO!

    Say it ain’t so Joe!!!

    If I were Speaker, I’d be ashamed to show my face. No wonder he avoids venues like CPAC.

    Liked by 1 person

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s