On the Kelly File Monday night, Megyn Kelly spoke to three of the heroes who saved dozens of Americans during the terror attack in Benghazi, Libya, that left four Americans dead.
In a powerful “Kelly File” exclusive, Mark “Oz” Geist, Kris “Tanto” Paronto and John “Tig” Tiegen reflected on the 2012 attack and reacted to Michael Bay’s much-anticipated film.
Paronto said that the movie left him drained, because it brought him right back to the besieged American diplomatic compound and nearby CIA annex.
“It was a part of me that I relived on the screen, and I realized how much I’d been missing,” Paronto said. “It’s amazing being with your brothers and fighting … being there and being with them and having the faith that you’re going to defeat all the obstacles.”
Tiegen told Megyn that he was surprised during the attack that they were given a “stand-down” order and offered no help, even after Amb. Chris Stevens had been missing for hours.
“13 hours. Nobody comes. That’s the big deal,” Tanto added.
Megyn noted that Hillary Clinton and the White House have relied on Congressional investigations that concluded there was no “stand-down” order given at the annex.
Paronto said it’s “just silly” and Tiegen pointed out that investigators believed everything else the men testified about.
13 Hours, The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi premieres January 15.
You can support the Tanto’s Glen Doherty Memorial Foundation here.