The Council has spoken, the votes have been cast, and the results are in for this week’s Watcher’s Council match up.
“To find yourself, think for yourself.” – Socrates
“Oh the places you’ll go! There is fun to be done! There are points to be scored. There are games to be won. And the magical things you can do with that ball will make you the winning-est winner of all.” – Dr.Suess
““You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves.” ” – President Abraham Lincoln
This week’s winning essay,Bookworm Room’s Self-reliance — the all-American virtue Is her fascinating look at an old fashioned, long ingrained American virtue and tradition…and the attempts to undermine it.
The custom each week is to entice you with a slice of the winning article. This week, In spite of my best efforts I keep getting a database error message when attempting to access Bookworm’s site. Such things are normally temporary, so the upside is that you will have no reason not to go to the link and read her entire essay! Highly recommended.
In our non-Council category, the winner was Laura Ingraham with a superb piece, –The Suicide of the GOP Establishment submitted by The Razor. The GOP is indeed splitting apart, and Ms. Ingraham puts the blame exactly where it belongs. A must read.
Here are this week’s full results. Only Fausta was unable to vote this week, but were not subject to the usual 2/3 vote penalty :
- *First place with 3 2/3 votes!–Bookworm Room – Self-reliance — the all-American virtue
- Second place with 2 2/3 votes – Joshuapundit–Is Donald Trump Really Neutral On Israel??
- Third place *t* with 1 vote –The Razor – Trump or Trompe-l’œil?
- Third place *t* with 1 vote –Stately McDaniel Manor – Coleen Ritzer: A Legacy To Leave Behind 5
- Third place *t* with 1 vote –Nice Deb – America 2016: Ben Shapiro and Friends vs The Left-Wing Mob at CSU-LA
- Fourth place *t* with 2/3 votes –The Right Planet – That’s Just Super(delegate) — Does Hillary Win Even If She Loses?
- Fourth place *t* with 2/3 votes –VA Right! – Cruz Supporters are Heaven’s Gate Cult 2.0
- Fourth place *t* with 2/3 votes –Fausta’s Blog – Donald Trump, Agent Orange
- Fifth place *t* with 1/3 vote –The Glittering Eye –The Fair Model Looks at 2016
- Fifth place *t* with 1/3 vote –The Daley Gator – Social Justice Is Not Just Or Fair, It Is Evil
- First place with 2 votes!–Laura Ingraham –The Suicide of the GOP Establishment submitted by The Razor
- Second place *t* with 1 2/3 votes –Bearing Arms –We Are NOT All The Parents Of Thugssubmitted by The Daley Gator
- Second place *t* with 1 2/3 votes –Conrad Black –Donald Trump and Boris Johnson are signs of hope for fresh thinking in the U.S. and the U.K. submitted by The Watcher
- Third place with 1 1/3 votes –Jonah Goldberg/National Review–Does anyone actually believe Trump is being audited because he’s a strong Christian?submitted by Bookworm Room
- Fourth place *t* with 1 vote –Daniel Larison/The American Conservative – Clinton’s Libyan War and the Delusions of Interventionists submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Fourth place *t* with 1 vote –Ben Domenach/The Federalist – Thunderdome: Gone Savage For Trump submitted by The Watcher
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 votes – The People’s Cube – The Hillary Coronation Chronicles: Origin of the Yellow Suit submitted by The Right Planet
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 votes–Rush Limbaugh – The Elites Won’t Figure Out the Trump Phenomenon Until They’re Honest with Themselves About What They’ve Done submitted by Joshuapundit
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 votes – Victor Davis Hanson –Obama: The Lamest Duck submitted by Stately McDaniel Manor
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 votes – Kyle Jahner/Army Times – Key Moments in Army Airborne History submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 votes –Daniel Greenfield/FrontPage –How Americans Used Pig’s Blood And Corpses To Fight Muslim Terrorism submitted by The Noisy Room
See you next week!
Make sure to tune in every Monday for the Watcher’s Forum. and every Tuesday morning, when we reveal the weeks’ nominees for Weasel of the Week!
And remember, every Wednesday, the Council has its weekly contest with the members nominating two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council. The votes are cast by the Council, and the results are posted on Friday morning.
It’s a weekly magazine of some of the best stuff written in the blogosphere, and you won’t want to miss it...or any of the other fantabulous Watcher’s Council content.