The House Oversight and Reform Committee led by Rep. Jason Chaffetz is holding a hearing this morning titled, “White House narratives on the Iran Nuclear Deal” to examine the process by which the Obama administration negotiated the Nuke deal with the Islamic Republic of Iran. Obama’s Deputy National Security Adviser Ben Rhodes was invited to appear before the committee, but late last night, the White House declined, citing Executive Privilege. (Which of course, WH spox Josh Earnest told reporters last week, would not be an issue.)
- On July 14, 2015, Iran and the United States, the United Kingdom, France, Russia, China, and Germany finalized the JCPOA, also known as the “Iran Nuclear Deal.”
- The JCPOA is intended to ensure Iran’s nuclear program is used for purely peaceful purposes, in exchange for a broad lifting of sanctions.
- President Obama asserts the JCPOA represented the most effective means to ensure Iran cannot obtain a nuclear weapon.
- Critics of the agreement expressed concerns that the extensive sanctions relief would give Iran additional resources to extend its influence in the region. Critics also assert the lifting of a U.N. prohibition on arms sales to Iran or arms exports by Iran, and on Iran’s development of nuclear-capable ballistic missiles, will set the stage for Iran to emerge as a key regional actor.
- In an interview with David Samuels of the New York Times on May 5, Ben Rhodes discussed the process by which the White House presented the JCPOA to the public
WITNESSES AND TESTIMONIES
Name Title Organization Panel Document Mr. Michael Rubin Resident Scholar The American Enterprise Institute Document Mr. Michael Doran Senior Fellow Hudson Institute Document Mr. John Hannah Senior Counselor Foundation for Defense of Democracies Docume
PJ Media: As Iran Scandal Deception Scandal Grows, GOP Senators Call for Obama Adviser’s Resignation
Transparency with the Obama administration? They talk a good game about it but do not practice it: https://www.justice.gov/…/23/proactive-disclosures_0.pdf
I’m waiting to see what the repubics do when “No Scholar Rhodes” doesn’t show up for the hearing. Executive Priviledge? No Scholar Rhodes waived that issue when he open his mouth and bragged to the nyslimes for the story. The repubics should walk across the street and file a petition with the D.C. Court to “compell” his testimony based on the previous waiver of priviledge.
I’m not holding my breath though.
LikeLiked by 1 person
If it comes from this administration, it can only mean one of several things to the exclusion of any other possibilities: It “enhances” Zero’s image; it is revenge for some assumed slight or harm; it places the United States in more danger; it further alienates those who used to be our allies and friends; it advances the cause of Islam; it attacks anything Christian; or, it accelerates Zero’s push to make this once-great nation a second-rate third world laughingstock.
The Iran deal happens to hit on multiple of these. The one thing to never expect from this admin or anyone ever associated with it (including the unconvicted felon Hillarious) is anything anywhere close to the truth.