Petulant President Schedules Video Conference With Top Western Leaders To Coincide With Netanyahu Speech

When the word got out that Obama’s schedule was too full for him to listen to Netanyahu’s speech today on the existential threat Iran poses, I figured he would be “busy” watching SportsCenter.

But no – this petty, petulant president decided to schedule a video conference with Western leaders at the last minute, ensuring that they missed the speech.

Via Keith Koffler, White House Dossier, the “Spite House” has struck again.

President Obama has added to his schedule an 11:30 am ET video conference with America’s top allies to discuss the situation in Ukraine, ensuring that neither he nor them will watch Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s plea before Congress and the world to reconsider the Iran nuclear deal.

Koffler reports that the conference was scheduled just this morning and included “British Prime Minister David Cameron, French President Francois Hollande, German Chancellor Angela Merkel, Italian Prime Minister Matteo Renzi, and European Commission President Donald Tusk” with Obama participating in the White House Situation Room.

Of course any one of these world leaders can view the speech later on YouTube, but as Koffler notes, “what a petty insult to Netanyahu.”

Does he think people don’t notice?

Is this the behavior of a confident, mentally stable leader? Sources say no….

Obama Admin Discouraging Egyptian Airstrikes Against ISIS in Libya – Prefers “Political Solution”

One of the bright spots in the Middle East right now is Egyptian President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi who in an important speech on January 1, called for religious reformation of the Muslim faith.

“The corpus of texts and ideas that we have made sacred over the years, to the point that departing from them has become almost impossible, is antagonizing the entire world, al Sisis said. You cannot feel it if you remain trapped within this mindset. You must step outside yourselves and reflect on it from a more enlightened perspective.”

 

So we have a strong potential ally in al Sisi, launching a military operation against (one would think) our common enemy ISIS/Daesh in Libya to avenge the deaths of 21 Egyptians who were not Muslims – but Coptic Christians. You would think that the United States would be embracing this important ally in the war against Islamic Terror.

But you would (of course) be wrong. CNS News Reported, via Weasel Zippers:

The United States does not support Egyptian and Emirati airstrikes against Islamist militias in Libya because the U.S. believes the crisis in Libya must be resolved politically and without outside interference, a Department of Defense spokesman said Tuesday.

Egypt and the United Arab Emirates (UAE) carrying out airstrikes in Libya was different from U.S. airstrikes against Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant forces in Iraq, Pentagon spokesman Navy Rear Adm. John Kirby told a briefing, because the U.S. was acting in Iraq, in a “very targeted” manner, at the request of its government.

“This wasn’t some unilateral decision by the United States to strike targets inside Iraq.”

“We discourage other nations from taking a part in Libya’s issues through violence,” Kirby said. “We want the issues solved in Libya to be done peacefully and through good governance and politics and not violence.”

Libya’s “issues” of course have become Egypt’s issues in the form of 21 decapitated Egyptian heads.

Now we know why Obama Refused to Help Egypt With Intelligence on ISIS Targets. Also, it does seem likely now (as was speculated yesterday) that Egypt launched the airstrikes without the US government’s knowledge.

My God. How much lower can this administration get?

Previously:

Video: Egyptian Prez Calls for Religious Reformation in Islam – Why Isn’t the MSM Covering This?

State Dept Hosts Delegation of Muslim Brotherhood Leaders Trying To Oust Egyptian Pres al Sisi

After Meeting With State Dept Officials in DC, Muslim Brotherhood Promptly Declares “Open Jihad” In Egypt

Joe Klein: Obama’s ‘Slow-Walking Aid to the al Sisi Government’ (Video)

 

Supporters of Violent Extremism To Participate In WH Summit on Countering Violent Extremism (Video)

3659393603 (1)

But of course this should come as no surprise.

Matthew Vadum of FronPageMagazine reported:

Boston-based hub of terrorism associated with a top Islamic State propagandist and producer of hostage-beheading videos will receive the red carpet treatment at an anti-terrorism conference at the Obama White House this Wednesday.

The so-called Summit on Countering Violent Extremism comes as President Obama seeks formal authorization from Congress to wage war against the Islamic State (also known as ISIS or ISIL).

The terrorist-friendly Islamic Society of Boston (ISB), which is a known front for Islamist terrorist groups, operates mosques in and around Boston.

Members of the anti-terrorist community are outraged that officials of ISB will participate in discussions of anti-terrorism best practices on Feb. 18.

Via the Center for Security Policy:

President Obama is hosting a Countering Violent Extremism Summit this Wednesday Feb. 18 at the White House. The problem is the groups he has invited to help him “solve” the problem are part of the Global Jihad Movement. Tell the President we want to Defeat The Global Jihad, with the Secure Freedom Strategy not pander to the Islamists.

“The Islamic Society of Boston and the Muslim American Society there are riddled with extremists!”

Michael Warren at the Weekly Standard asks, “What sort of progress can Americans expect from this summit?”

If you guessed “a lot of social justice pablum about fighting “root causes,”  you are correct!

According to a senior official who previewed the summit with reporters, the Obama administration views countering violent exteremism (what they label CVE) as “one incredibly important element” of the government’s counterterrorism and national security strategy.

“[O]ur CVE efforts are premised on the central goal of preventing violent extremism and the extremists themselves and their supporters from inspiring, radicalizing, financing or recruiting individuals or groups in the United States from committing acts of violence,” said the official. “Our approach empowers communities to push back against violent extremists.”

What does that mean, exactly? The official continued: “Really at the core of our approach is that the government does not have all the answers in combatting violent extremism. It is, at its core, a bottom-up approach. It puts communities with civic leaders, with religious authorities, with community power brokers, teachers, health providers, et cetera, in the driver’s seat. They know their citizens best. They are the first line of defense to prevent or counter radicalizing forces that can ultimately lead to violence. And so our approach is to really embrace and empower what local communities can do.”

Marie Harf debuted the Regime’s social justice remedy to combat ISIS on Hardball, last night and even Chris Matthews wasn’t having it:

AoSHQ: And so while Marie was putting together photo-collages of CUTE BOYS!!!, this happened.

The BBC:

Jihadist militants from Islamic State (IS) have burned to death 45 people in the western Iraqi town of al-Baghdadi, the local police chief says.Exactly who these people were and why they were killed is not clear, but Col Qasim al-Obeidi said he believed some were members of the security forces.

IS fighters captured much of the town, near Ain al-Asad air base, last week.

That’s right where our troops are Sheltered in Place.

It is believed the job-seeking jihadis were on line hoping to get hired as greeters at Target when one among them said “Ah fuck this, let’s start burning families to death,” to the general approval of the queue.

Col Obeidi said a compound that houses the families of security personnel and local officials was now under attack.He pleaded for help from the government and the international community.

The fighting and poor communications in the area make it difficult to confirm such reports.

They’re trying to draw us out, I think. And we’re so weakly positioned there we can’t go out, because they’ll massacre our troops to a man.

Well-played, Obama. Very well played.

God help us.

Dean Obeidallah at the Daily Beast wonders fretfully if the focus of the summit will be “just on Muslims?”

‘Cause no fair, you guys. What about the Crusades an’ stuff?

Or will the summit look at combatting extremist violence of all types including those related to white supremacists, “Patriot groups,” and even violence that is Christian inspired? If we truly want to save American lives, it needs to be the latter.

I will be attending the summit. In advance of this event, I spoke to several Muslim American leaders about their views of and concerns with it. The responses ranged from some having strong fears that it could further the false but often heard narrative that terrorism is committed only by Muslims. Others, however, unreservedly welcomed this summit as an opportunity to partner with the government to counter radicals.

I’m sure Dean has nothing to worry about. This is the Obama administration we’re talking about.

Linked by Ace of Spades HQ, thanks!

Megyn Kelly Blisters Jen Psaki: American Influence is diminishing While Iran is on the Rise

Yesterday Fox News reported that “crew served weapons were destroyed at the embassy in Yemen, while Marines’ personal weapons were “rendered inoperable” at the airport, and their destroyed components were left behind.”

After diplomats left, the anti-American Houthi rebels seized embassy vehicles.

Reportedly,  CENTCOM was “outraged” by the fact that the weapons had been rendered inoperable.

Wednesday night, Megyn Kelly had veteran and Fox News contributor Pete Hegseth on “The Kelly File” to to talk about the order.

“So, we’re surrendering around the world, we’re surrendering our embassy, and now we’re asking U.S. Marines to surrender their dignity, give up oaths that they made, creeds that they live by, and surrender their rifle,” Hegseth said indignantly.

In a fiery interview, Thursday night, Megyn Kelly questioned the State Department hapless Spox Jen Psaki (sporting her most fetching ‘Charming Charlie’ necklace yet) over this week’s hasty evacuation of the U.S. embassy in Yemen.

Psaki denied that the State Department was behind the weapons protocol, but wouldn’t say who was.

Via Fox News Insider:

“Why was the evacuation from the embassy so hasty when we knew things were deteriorating for weeks now?” Kelly asked, remarking that clearly something didn’t go according to plan.

Psaki insisted that the evacuation wasn’t hasty.

“We’ve been planning for weeks a range of contingency options,” she said.

Kelly questioned why Marines weren’t allowed to bring their guns on planes and asked who ordered Marines to disarm.

Psaki explained that Marines followed the proper protocol to disassemble weapons. She said the order was not given by the State Department or ambassador, but did not say who told Marines to disarm.

Psaki admitted that Houthis taking control of U.S. vehicles was not part of the plan.

Kelly asked: Do we have control of our policy in the Middle East, and does this reflect a lack of American leadership?

Psaki said that this evacuation was not about American leadership, but rather about the situation on the ground, which she described as “too volatile.”

“It appears that the policy we pursued in connection with the Arab Spring from December 2010 forward has failed, at a minimum is in the midst of failing,” Kelly remarked, noting that the U.S. has had to pull out of Libya, Syria and Yemen.

“It seems very clear that American influence in that region is diminishing while that of Iran is on the rise,” Kelly said.

Psaki said that the U.S. has to look at each country individually. She said that the U.S. is working to see how it can get Libya to a more stable place, while Syria is in the middle of a civil war. She added that the U.S. plans to return to Yemen, since the Houthis have said they’re non-threatening to America.

“They have ‘death to America’ – literally – written on their signs!” Kelly fired back.

The Houthis certainly sound like trustworthy sorts who will totally uphold any agreements they’ve made with the State Department.

Kelly went on to ask Psaki about reports that the Obama administration is interfering with the Israeli elections.

Rest assured, the Obama State Dept. would never do anything improper regarding our great ally Israel’s elections.

Kelly’s next guest, syndicated columnist Charles Krauthammer, declared that Psaki is vastly underpaid by the Regime.

SEE ALSO: 

Gateway Pundit: US OFFICIALS LEAVE 25 VEHICLES With Keys in Ignition for Houthi Rebels in Yemen (Video)

Charles Krauthammer: Obama’s Buzzfeed Selfies “Truly Distasteful”

I long for the return of warm weather.

Because with the return of Spring, we’ll see more presidential golfing and less presidential mooning and preening for the camera in frivolous interviews with YouTube personalities, and left-wing a$$hole websites.

The latest presidential embarrassment came in the form of a Buzzfeed/ObamaCare infomercial that was filmed on the same day the nation heard the awful news about a young American woman’s death at the hands of ISIS and as Americans were evacuating Yemen .

My God.

On Special Report, Thursday night, Charles Krauthammer said when he first saw the video of Obama taking selfies and making funny faces he found it “amusing.”

“The idea that you could diminish the dignity of a president who gave a one-on-one  with someone whose claim to fame is bathing in a tub of Froot Loops is a rather paradoxical one,” Krauthammer  noted.

“But when I learned when he did it, it really is of a piece with playing golf after you learn of the beheading of an American, that makes it truly distasteful.”

Krauthammer added, “it just shows you how frivolous he is in executing his office. And that I think is not a question of the dignity of the office, but of the seriousness of the man.”

SEE ALSO:

Twitchy:

YOLO man!’ President Obama now using a ‘selfie stick’ to get people to buy Obamacare [photos]

 ’24 Signs That You’re A Propagandist': Buzzfeed ducks ethics questions

‘Nero and his fiddle ain’t NOTHING!’ Sorry, world: Obama’s busy with his selfie stick

You don’t say': Men who take a lot of selfies might be psychopaths

‘Mockery?’ White House getting ‘exactly what it wanted’ from Obama’s selfie stick video

An Apologetic SPLC Removes Dr. Ben Carson From Extremist List

SPLC-Ben-Carson-Extremist-List

Well well. 

After drawing a firestorm of criticism, last week, Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) has removed the conservative pediatric neurosurgeon Dr. Ben Carson from its “extremist list.”

SPLC said in a release, “In October 2014, we posted an “Extremist File” of Dr. Ben Carson. This week, as we’ve come under intense criticism for doing so, we’ve reviewed our profile and have concluded that it did not meet our standards, so we have taken it down and apologize to Dr. Carson for having posted it.”

Of course they didn’t notice that putting the conservative philanthropist and possible 2016 presidential candidate on their extremist list “didn’t meet their standards” until after it was exposed and a huge public outcry ensued.

The SPLC had cited Carson’s “pro-traditional marriage stance, opposition to ObamaCare, and support for a flat tax as reasons for placing him on the list alongside members of the KKK, Neo-Nazis, and the Westboro Baptist Church.”

The liberal group isn’t completely backing down from their criticism of Dr. Carson, stating they want to look into if a “better researched” version of his profile should be included in their list.

“We laud Dr. Carson for his many contributions to medicine and his philanthropic
work, and we, like so many others, are inspired by his personal story. Nevertheless, particularly because Dr. Carson is such a prominent person, we believe that his views should be closely examined,” the release said, before going on to list some of the quotes they believe to be “extreme.”

I don’t laud the left wing extremists at the SPLC who tried to pull a fast one on a decent conservative because they disagree with him on social issues – but were forced to back down when their disinformation was exposed and their credibility was on the line.

These repugnant Fascists are yearning for the day when they won’t have to back down from demonizing their political enemies.

Quack Like a Duck?: Megyn Kelly and Howard Kurtz Laugh at Melissa Harris Perry’s Holder Interview

So, during a recent interview on her MSNBC show,  Melissa Harris Perry asked outgoing Attorney General to “quack like a duck.”

Did you hear about this? I’m guessing no, unless you happened to catch Megyn Kelly and Howard Kurtz laughing about it on Fox.

And you really have to see it to believe it.

Toward the end of the interview, the obsequious Perry told Holder, “you know we call you ‘The Duck’ in our land…You have a placid and even way of presenting, but you are just working for justice underneath.” 

She asked plaintively, “would you quack for us?”

“That was the most cringe inducing thing I’ve seen since Glosell Green was in the bathtub with Fruitloops before interviewing the president!!!” Kurtz laughed as he unshielded his eyes. “I thought she was going to get down on one knee and proclaim her undying love for Eric Holder!”

Megyn then did a perfect impersonation of Melissa Harris Perry saying; “Would you quack for us..” eliciting guffaws from Kurtz. “I’ve never seen anything like that. What was she doing?!”

“How humiliating for her, “Kelly added. “Does she know how much she humiliated herself?”

On a more serious note.

The DOJ continues to be horribly corrupt and ridiculous under Holder.

The Daily Caller: House Oversight Subcommittee DESTROYS DOJ Attorney:

An angry House Oversight Subcommittee blasted Attorney General Eric Holder’s representative Wednesday for coming terribly unprepared to testify at the committee hearing.

The angry attorney then proceeded to take his rage out on a Daily Caller News Foundation reporter, but more on that later.

The recipient of the tongue lashing? Deputy Assistant Attorney General Kenneth Blanco. During questioning from House Judiciary Chairman Bob Goodlatte, Blanco admitted that he had not even read the Inspector General report that was a key part of the subcommittee’s meeting.

Six years in, members of this Regime don’t even pretend to give a shit. They are dug in, and will do whatever the hell they please. These oversight hearings are a pesky inconvenience they don’t even bother to prepare for.