First US Air strikes Commence In Syria (Video)

Up to 25 US strikes targeted  jihadists in Syria, Monday night. The operation was expected to last several hours.

Via Fox News: 

The United States, joined by several Arab allies, launched an intense campaign of airstrikes, bombings and cruise-missile attacks against Islamic State targets in Syria Monday night – marking the first U.S. military intervention in Syria since the start of that country’s civil war.

Sources say the military operation includes fighter jets, B-1 bombers and Predator drones, as well as Tomahawk missiles launched from the Red Sea and Persian Gulf.

Officials say the coalition is targeting about 20 sites, including command-and-control centers, training camps and weapons depots.

U.S. officials told Fox News that several Arab countries – including Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Bahrain and the United Arab Emirates – were participating.

The operation was expected to last several hours, with the first explosions from Tomahawk missiles heard near Raqqa, the Islamic State stronghold in northern Syria.

No European  planes joined the American led mission, Monday night.
In a statement, Pentagon Press Secretary Rear Adm. John Kirby said:

I can confirm that U.S. military and partner nation forces are undertaking military action against ISIL terrorists in Syria using a mix of fighter, bomber and Tomahawk Land Attack Missiles. Given that these operations are ongoing, we are not in a position to provide additional details at this time. The decision to conduct theses strikes was made earlier today by the U.S. Central Command commander under authorization granted him by the commander in chief. We will provide more details later as operationally appropriate.

Proposed name for Obama’s war strategy: “Operation Fail Slowly”:

Advertisements

Confirmed: ISIS Fighters Have Returned To The US From Syria And The FBI Are Looking For Them

Last week, The Washington Free Beacon reported that Rep. Tim Bishop (D., N.Y.) warned in a speech that up to 40 radicalized U.S. citizens who have fought alongside ISIS had already returned to the United States.

Today via Time – confirmation. During a news briefing with reporters, an Obama Regime official said that a number of these radicalized fighters have indeed returned to the United States.

During a briefing for reporters Monday in the ornate Eisenhower Executive Office Building on the Administration’s efforts to address the issue of so-called foreign terrorist fighters, the official said that the latest assessment from National Counterterrorism Center is that more than 100 Americans have attempted to fight in Iraq and Syria alongside ISIS, the al-Qaeda affiliated al-Nusra Front or other groups.

“It includes those who’ve gone, those who’ve tried to go, some who’ve come back and are under active—the FBI is looking at them,” the official said. “These are FBI matters, I refer you to them on specifics.”

It marked the first official government confirmation that at least some of the Americans fighting alongside the Islamist extremist group have returned to the U.S. As late as Monday morning, Secretary of State John Kerry said on MSNBC that “we have over 100 fighters there from America,” leaving out any mention of Americans who have returned.

Last week, Democrats in the Senate blocked Republican efforts to seize the passports of Americans fighting with terrorists overseas.

The Obama official would not discuss the specific measures the United States uses to keep Americans who have fought alongside ISIS from returning to the U.S. “This is worked on a case by case basis,” the official said, “I defer to the FBI.”

Previously: 

Senate Dems Block Cruz Bill to Stop Americans Who Join ISIS from Returning to US