John Conyers may have recently killed the ACORN probe in Congress, but thankfully, the issue has not gone away.
The Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reports:
A district judge who held another ACORN worker for trial Monday on election law violations urged prosecutors to go after the real culprit, the organization that employed him.
“Somebody has to go after ACORN,” Senior District Judge Richard H. Zoller said about the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now.
“It’s happening all over the country. All you have to do is turn on the television,” he said, referring to voter registration fraud charges brought recently against ACORN and its workers in Nevada.
“We will,” Allegheny County Detective Robert F. Keenan promised as he wrapped up his testimony.
A spokesman for District Attorney Stephen A. Zappala Jr. said following the hearing that the county’s investigation into members of ACORN and their activities during the 2008 campaign “remains open and active.”
So far, six ACORN employees (with perhaps more on the way), have been ordered to stand trial in Allegheny County, alone.
ACORN’s track record of imposing a quota system for voter registrations on its employees is what is at issue. ACORN habitually claims no wrong doing in these cases, and throws its employees (who cheat to meet ACORN’s quota), under the bus. Using a quota system for voter registrations is against the law.
ACORN officials, of course repeatedly deny that they use any sort of quota system on workers, but unfortunately for them, the truth is now a matter of public record:
ACORN did not respond to The Pittsburgh Tribune – Review’s requests for comment.
As has been reported here, on many occasions, the US taxpayer gets the privilige of funding, ( billions of dollars through ACORN-eligable block grants) this corruption.
You can sign Michele Bachmann’s petition to stop ACORN from accessing taxpayer dollars, here.